Home Forums Explore Media Scratchboard Art Do you make your own tools?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    swaggerless

I normally just use xacto blades but I want to try something else. Does anyone make their own scratch tools? If so how and what do you use?

Thanks!

Foxyheart2002

Have you tried scalpel blades? They are finer, much sharper, and flex a little. I personally do not like x-actos, but scalpels are better for me. They will fit into an x-acto handle, but it should be one of the skinnier holders. Scalpels are way cheaper than x-actos, and I use #11 You can find them in boxes of 100, wrapped in foil. Amazon is expensive. Once you find what you like, look on other sites for your tools.

I also like tattoo needles. Way fun to use, and fairly cheap on T-Mart. I use only flats. You can get them from 3 tines to 15. There are other configurations like round, etc.

Have fun.

Sue

[FONT="Arial"][FONT="Arial Black"]Sue Kroll, Signature Member ISSA, associate member WAOW and AWA........ Sue's Art .....Musings of a Scratchboard Newbie
            I always welcome C & C. Even if I have finished it and applied fixative, I can always apply your thoughts to the next one.[/font]

That is an interesting approach. Will try, thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.