Home Forums Explore Subjects Southwest and Western Art Barn at Sunset

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Donald_Smith

Hey Everybody,

I’ve been working on this painting for about a week off and on. Mostly off. Oil on canvas, 6″x8″. I’m working from a couple different photos I’ve taken and my imagination. We recently started working 4 then hour days again,so I hope to get out on Fridays and do a little plain air. If it will dry up, farmers will be cutting hay soon. Anyway, I hope you like my painting.

CnC is welcomed. Thanks for looking!
        Donald

"We are never really happy until we try to brighten the lives of others." Helen Keller
        A Painter's Quest

oldglory

Don: Nice work :thumbsup:- Very warm and inviting … great colors –

Hud

Donald_Smith

Thanks Hud! Now for the hard part. Figuring out my next composition. Lol

Donald

"We are never really happy until we try to brighten the lives of others." Helen Keller
                A Painter's Quest

CaliAnn

Love your use of color in this – that warm yellowish really sets off the painting

aspenman

Nice color & textures!

J.RichardSecor - Art is not a matter of fact - it is a matter of opinion C&C's welcomed

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5w1OMK2OL8mdUZUXZbMj3Q
                        http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/

Donald_Smith

CallAnn and Asperman thanks for the nice compliments.

Donald

A Painter's Quest

Beautiful scene, Donald! You’ve got a skill for creating light and warmth in your paintings. Well done!

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

A lovely and cozy farm scene with a great color palette. Hay is already baled around here before the heavy rains hit.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Donald_Smith

Jenna, thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate them.

Kay, thank you! They mowed and baled some alfalfa, I got one pic, was planning a plein air event but the next day the bales had vanished. So I’ll have to paint it from the photo.

Donald

A Painter's Quest

She-She

Sunset, old barn, & a hay field. That never gets old. Beautiful painting!

--- Sheila

Horse lovers are "stable" people
                                    My Website http://www.freewebs.com/sheilastienley/index.htm

Donald_Smith

Sheila,

Thank you!

Donald

A Painter's Quest

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.