Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia playing with paint swirls – what can you see?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhere

A friend is doing an exchange of paint swirls with a fellow illustrator and I thought it would be fun :) and she invited me to swap pages with her as well :) The idea is to see what you can make them into

This was the first page and I worked on the 3 left hand swirls to produce these …

Fun to do :)

got to play with the other swirls, 2 more pages of them and my friend’s swirls

I can have a play in Procreate as well – but these are with paint/cp

CaliAnn

These are awesome! Looks like lots of fun :)

laika

Sounds like fun! I like what you did with those :.)

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                - Otto Rank

vhere

Thanks it certainly is fun :) and something I can do with only a few minutes to spare and no time for serious painting

some more ……

using the page of swirls from my friend, I combined a few to do this one

and this from my swirls – developed further in Procreate

vhere

and this with the addition of a little drawing from one of those pencils with 4 colours in the lead – so you aren’t every sure which colour will draw :)

and this where I thought the mark looked a little like a turtle swimming by coral and seaweed

Oh yes, such fun! Not done any in awhile.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

graphicali

I think the little dragon is my favourite!

"I am not yet born; provide me, with water to dandle me, grass to grow for me, trees to talk to me, sky to sing to me, birds and a white light in the back of my mind to guide me." From Prayer Before Birth by Louis Macneice.
                          Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.