Home Forums Explore Media Pastels Soft Pastel Studio and Gallery Mudflat reflection

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    artelahe

[attach]858009[/attach]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        AlyP
        I have a white dog and lots of pastels...but are any of them the right color when I need them to be?

apagefineart.com[/SIZE]

water girl

I particularly like the way you handled to distant trees and horizon. What size is this one?

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

artelahe

Thanks Karen!
                9.5 x 3.5″
                I’m working small to try to keep my times shorter, but this was about 90 minutes including a alcohol/derwent inktense underpainting. I should have foregone the purple. It was too dark.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                AlyP
                I have a white dog and lots of pastels...but are any of them the right color when I need them to be?

apagefineart.com[/SIZE]

Donna T

You sure know how to make the most of your underpainting, Aly. I love those sparks of orange showing through. This is one gorgeous piece with just enough detail to let us know where we are but not so much as to keep us from moving through all of it. Beautiful color harmony too!

Donna
                    C&C Always Welcome

artelahe

Thank you, Donna!

AlyP

apagefineart.com[/SIZE]

Ron

Very nice! The bits of orange showing are just perfect, makes this just a bit better with them showing

artelahe

Thank you, Ron. I appreciate that!

AlyP

apagefineart.com[/SIZE]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.