Home Forums The Town Center WC Site Technical Discussions Suggestion: Delete Best of 2010 On Front Page?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Razza

Why is Best of WetCanvas 2010 so predominately displayed at the top of the forum?

Many of my friends feel the traditional ‘forum’ style is going the way of the dinosaur.

It’s kind of hard to argue with them when an 8 year old subforum is at the very top of the page. It makes the site seem very outdated.

Why not delete that or replace it with “Best of Wetcanvas 2017/2018”?

Just a humble suggestion. Sorry if I’m overstepping.

No, you are not overstepping, there are many things on wetcanvas which are broken including the outdated list of guides on the left and various top line links.

The site was previously privately owned and one of the previous owners added many features which became unreachable after a botched back up and server move. Sadly we have been unable to get them fixed.

We keep the site going as it is because it is such a useful source of information and a link to the worldwide art community. If the forum software was upgraded we would likely loose more facilities.

Bear in mind all the Administrators, Moderators and Guides are unpaid volunteers who are just as frustrated as you.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Razza

Okay, I didn’t know about all of that as a new member.

Thanks for the explanation Yorky. I’ll pass it along if I recommend this site so others don’t get confused.

Thanks for all you do to keep the site going!

That’s one of my pet peeves. I wish we could move it but alas and alack we’re stuck with it. :)

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

Ellen E

I’ve always been kind of baffled by why there are the sub-forums for other businesses. I guess that must have been done originally and can’t be undone. I’ve never understood what the purpose of those was.

It’s a very wonderful resource. I wouldn’t know nearly as much as I’m learning if I went to anywhere else. And I like forums. I like them better than Facebook by far.

Unfortunately the front page and sidebar of wetcanvas are frozen in time and we have no access to it. It is really frustrating for the admins and moderators, it is so out of date.

We have made so many requests to F+W with no success.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

The “Best of” forums are gone. Woohoo.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.