Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Monthly challenge: June 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Welcome to our forum challenge for June 2019 in which we continue our encouragement to Draw from Life!

The aim is to capture our own personal and individual moments and share them here on this thread!

All suggestions/subjects/themes come from those who participate!:lol:

** As you post your own drawing in this thread, please then also suggest ONE subject/topic for next month. One entry = One suggestion for the following month …. another entry? – another suggestion!:)

By the end of the month we should have a range of ideas from which you can choose – and please do feel free to discuss any of the suggestions raised: who knows, you may even start keeping your own private list for future ideas!**

One important ruleEntries must be at least 75% pen and ink[/SIZE] in any colour – and wash or colour may be added.[/COLOR]

Your topics for this month are …..

A clock

Favourite coffee/tea cup

Protea-like flower

Leisure equipment

A bicycle

An object within 6 feet of your position!

A slightly open cupboard – and what you can see there!

Sorry to be late in posting this – and as we’re a little short of suggestions this month, I’ve added a couple!:angel:

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

That’s an interesting list! Could be scary depending on what people have in their closets. :D
    Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
    Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

Anonymous

My favorite coffee cup from the movie, “Red Dawn!”
        ~5×5 inches on HP WC paper. Uni-Pen and ink wash.

For July: Something in your yard/garden.

That’s quick work John … and the coffee’s gone too!😁
        Confident shape, nice soft wash.

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

SAndypp

Wow, this is gorgeous!!! That’s so well done.
            Sandy.

MagdaleneL

Thanks a lot that protea like flowers were part of the challenge Charlie’s mum. Here is my contribution, a posy of blushing bride aka Serruria Florida. I drew them with pen and black ink and then coloured it with some caran d’ache colouring pencils. I have to say the colours didn’t come out very well in the scan, but could be worse I guess

Love the soft spikiness of this drawing – nice grouping too.

Cheers, Maureen

(May I do a slightly open microwave?)

I will be back!

Sheila

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
                -Helen Keller
                The question is not what you look at, but what you see.
                -Henry David Thoreau

Lol Sheila, just to show us the baked paintings?😃😃😃

Microwave open is fine!

Cheers, Maureen

LENGERT

John: Great mug, shading is perfect.
                    Magdalene: Beautiful flowers. The complimentary colours really show off the exceptional drawing.

sanlynn

MagdaleneL

Thank you very much for that lovely compliment Lengert It is much appreciated :)

monarch

This is something that was within six feet of me. It’s a glass rooster on a shelf in our living room. Getting the tail right was the hardest part and I still don’t know if it’s quite correct somehow.

John, nice shadows on the mug even though Red Dawn is not my favorite movie, lol. :wink2: :lol:

Magdalene, such lovely flowers. I could imagine your drawing on a box of tea or as a print on a wall.

Idea for next month: something that provides light

C&C welcome and appreciated

MagdaleneL

Good job on that rooster and I like how you did the woodgrain. With the light subject do you mean like a lantern, candle or even a torch or open flame??

skipkeyser

Protea-like flower, graphite, pen-and-ink and colored pencil highlights, done on 5-1/2″ x 8″ (~15 x 21 cm) 60# (85 gsm) paper:

Skip Keyser
                                    skipkeyserart.blogspot.com

Skip, this is a lovely piece of work, but not really pen and ink!
                                    The forum and rules for this challenge require 75% to be pen and ink.

This would fit beautifully into our Floral and Botanical forum though …. please do post it over there!:)

Monarch … a lovely drawing of the glass rooster .. well done conveying the material!

Cheers, Maureen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.