WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > WetCanvas Site Discussions
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#271   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-30-2014, 09:14 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States
Re: Report all Bugs 2013

It is a shame that the techs don't bother to read threads such as this. The members, mods and administrators are the only ones who notice the things that are broken and who better to notify the techs. This used to be such a bright helpful community and I learned so much from the forums but now I mostly read to kill time. Nothing works.

My Website
  #272   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Administrator
Where ever I go..there I am

Hails from United States

These are all reported to the techs for their attention.
What the issue continues to be is that this site has patchwork coding added by a previous owner which makes current repairs very tricky. WC also has the pleasant problem of rapid growth which, according to the owner reps, is a factor in some of the technical issues, also.

This explanation does not eliminate our frustrations, but it may help some understand the background for the problems. Trust me, we all feel the frustration of this ongoing situation.
  #273   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Buffalo

Hails from United States

My frustration is wanting to use this forum through Google Chrome. Just cannot get all the menu options that you get viewing through Explorer. I do love wetcanvas. Isn't it the largest big board art forum out there? The value added by fixing this issue would seem significant to me. Oh well.
  #274   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

Hi Patty, I find that with Chrome you have to go to the wetcanvas Home screen to use many of the menus.

Doug
  #275   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-01-2014, 04:44 PM

Can't seem to upload images using an iMac running the Mavericks OS. Was previously able to do this easily when I was running OSX 10.5.8. Images exported to my desktop for upload to WC are greyed out when I use the insert image icon. Using the paper clip attachment icon, it seems to go thru some time of motion but nothing ever gets uploaded....

Thanks.
  #276   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-02-2014, 01:25 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Re: Report all Bugs

The uploader box sometimes defaults to .Gif files, you have to select the other option to see your files.

Doug
  #277   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member
USA

Hails from United States

Hi Doug,
I sent you a PM concerning my problem as well.
I had been absent for about a year, from uploading in forums due to illness. Since my return, I've been trying to upload new avatar and profile pic, but keep getting same message "cannot upload avatar", same for profile. I've lost my previous avatar and profile pics, as I had removed them before attempting to upload new ones. Is this an issue of the site? I've double checked my pics dimensions and know they are within guidelines? Thanks for any help!
  #278   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Sadly the avatar uploader has been out of action for over a year with no sign of it being fixed. You will have to use one of the 102 standard ones.

I wasn't aware the profile uploader was also out of action.

Doug
  #279   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-03-2014, 07:55 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Yes Doug, it has been broke for sometime too. A while back I tried to change my profile picture and it stole my avatar at the same time. I did not edit my avatar at all, only the profile picture and I got the "cannot upload avatar" message, my avatar was gone as well as my profile picture. I had to just choose one of the standard ones too.

My Website