Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching cute teddybear – silverpoint

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    wendyv123

Instead of buying a little gift for a baby, I decided to draw a cute little teddybear. My first silverpoint drawing. It is small 10x15cm, I will frame it before sending.

Beautiful!

Christel

RandomArt

Wow, nice texture!

Very nice – especially for a first! I know silverpoint is somewhat limiting in values but you seem to get good darks which is tough so my suggestion would be to try to increase your middle value range a bit if possible. But other than that, this is quite nice.

wendyv123

I added a little extra ‘fur’ and framed it :) [ATTACH]859069[/ATTACH][ATTACH]859068[/ATTACH]

Lovely!

Christel

KareBear94

Nice drawing :)

Ju-Ju-Beads

Aw…sweet!

jspickle

that teddy bear is adorable! I am sure the recipient (or his or her parents) will be thrilled!

talisman

Charming Bear, and such a wonderful gift.
                                Just curious will the silver point tarnish with age?

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                                C and C always welcome.
                                My DeviantArt Gallery

blackandwhite

Really nice! Did you use gesso or some silverpoint ground on the paper, or how did you get the silver to adhere that well to the paper?

blackandwhite

Just curious will the silver point tarnish with age?

Yes it will, and that is the way it traditionally works. The marks will become bit darker shade when the silver slowly tarnishes. I have no idea how fast it typically happens. Sterling silver (92.5% silver) tarnish faster than pure silver. If you would need non-tarnishing marks, then pure gold or platinum could be used in a similar way.

talisman

I thought so, very cool, and changes in patina are wonderful to me. I do copper works and I love the way time changes them, all the different stages are beautiful.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                                            C and C always welcome.
                                            My DeviantArt Gallery

steve.sens

What ground did you use? Metal point is a great medium! I have found that dependent on the ground, certain metals are hit and miss. For example I used Nickle with 2 layers of cream consistency, Casein White on clay board and it just about disappeared after a day. I was looking at a scribble test of Copper on Golden’s SPG I did about a year ago. It happened to be a batch of their Ground that was too settled to properly revive (their materials support replaced it without issue) and the only Copper left, was a light trace of a greenish yellow cast. The support was Polypropylene (a synthetic paper). In my experience, silver seems to be the most stable on multiple grounds and supports.

wendyv123

What ground did you use? Metal point is a great medium! I have found that dependent on the ground, certain metals are hit and miss. For example I used Nickle with 2 layers of cream consistency, Casein White on clay board and it just about disappeared after a day. I was looking at a scribble test of Copper on Golden’s SPG I did about a year ago. It happened to be a batch of their Ground that was too settled to properly revive (their materials support replaced it without issue) and the only Copper left, was a light trace of a greenish yellow cast. The support was Polypropylene (a synthetic paper). In my experience, silver seems to be the most stable on multiple grounds and supports.

Hi, I used Golden silverpoint/drawing ground on Strathmore mixed media vellum paper, only 1 layer. I am going to experiment more with different grounds, I really love the delicate look of silverpoint.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.