Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Original, uncropped and unedited, taken 11/30/18. Poor composition and too soft.

(Nikon D7500 with Nikkor 18-200mm taken at 105mm, aperture priority, f/18, 1/10 sec, ISO 500)

version 1 – Cropped of course, then some pretty standard adjustments in ACR and PSCS5; a better composition, but still rather mediocre.

version 2 – After applying an artistic filter (Painting 4) from Foto Sketcher.

version 3 – I took #2 further; really pushed the color intensity and contrast and applied a bit of an Orton Effect glow; perhaps I went too far.

I think I prefer #2, although #3 certainly has more impact.

I included the original in case anyone wanted to play. You all are welcome to have at it.

My favorite is Version #3. I likehow much you boosted the color and contrast. It REALLY looks like a painting.

I included the original in case anyone wanted to play. You all are welcome to have at it.
        _________

___

OH boy, goodie, goodie.

Where can we find the full file with all the original pixels? We need something bigger than an 800 pixel file so that we can get all of the colors and textures from the large file. Can you post it in the reference library and share with us the link?

LORELL______

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Anonymous

I’ve uploaded the larger version to the RIL; just waiting for it to be “approved.”

When I see that this has happened, I’ll post a link.

Anonymous

OK, I’m now seeing my uploaded photo in the RIL. Hope I do this link right:

whitish_succulents_full-size

If anyone has problems with the link, let me know.

Sometimes B&W works on a floral if texture and contrast is good. And this image has a lot of both of those.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Or rotate and square crop, then added several layers of Topaz filters.

Anonymous

Nice work, Lorell.

In #1 you made the most out of whatever contrast and texture was available. The crop works, and the B&W treatment looks good.

In # 2, this different crop and rotation also works well. And your pastel greens and blues and cream add a pleasing softness, while the red-violet hues here and there are a nice contrast and also unify your image.

Dreamin

Sometimes an odd number makes a better composition. :wave:

Natalie

You always think outside the box, even of it’s ODD.:lol:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.