WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Café Guerbois
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#151   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2019, 02:04 PM
Administrator
Where ever I go..there I am

Hails from United States
Re: The demise of Hollywood and the entertainment industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbi Ross
I don't have Netflicks, or Hulu or even Roku.
I don't have cable TV or satellite either.
I get over the air TV, it's free. ( sometimes the channels don't come in very well and I have had to use aluminum foil, conversely I can use the rest of the roll of foil for wrapping up or covering food)
If I can't find anything good on, I can paint, read a book, go for a walk with the dogs, sit on the porch and enjoy the day, do yard work, go to sleep, clean the house.
There are a lot of free activities to do if there is nothing on Free TV.
Good for you, however, let us remember for some the television is a way to the world. Not all can do the things some of us take for granted each and every day.
  #152   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2019, 04:55 PM
Lord of the Arts
Monterey Bay area, California

Re: The demise of Hollywood and the entertainment industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbi Ross
I don't have Netflicks, or Hulu or even Roku. ... etc.
All that, and I don't have aerial TV either. All I see is the occasional sports event if I'm at a pub. As for Internet, I use the local university library. When my laptop gave up the ghost, I decided that I would not replace it.

I believe the last movie I watched, in any venue, was Coraline.

On the other hand, I recall driving through western Texas on Route 10 one Saturday night, maybe 20 years ago. Turned on the car radio. The only thing I could pick up (AM or FM) was the live radio broadcast of a local high school football game.