Home Forums Explore Subjects Portraiture Alfred Nobel, WIP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Alfred Bernhard Nobel was a Swedish businessman, chemist, engineer, inventor, and philanthropist. Nobel held 355 different patents, dynamite being the most famous. The synthetic element nobelium was named after him.
    Known for inventing dynamite, Nobel also owned Bofors, which he had redirected from its previous role as primarily an iron and steel producer to a major manufacturer of cannon and other armaments.
    After reading a premature obituary which condemned him for profiting from the sales of arms, he bequeathed his fortune to institute the Nobel Prizes.
    This work is 20X16, Canford gray toned paper, using Panpastel, charcoal pencils and white chalks. Still WIP

Loretta7

Very well done. May I ask a question – how do you get such a sharp point on your charcoal pencils?

[FONT="Tahoma"]CxC always welcome :thumbsup:

Thank you Loretta. I use the GENERAL charcoal pencils and I used to sharpen the points with a blade but lately i use an Art Pencil Sharpener, Long Point Pencil Sharpener, which gives me a long and very sharp point. It is great! It is very affordable and electric that uses rechargeable batteries.

Loretta7

Thanks Moises. I’ll give it a try.

[FONT="Tahoma"]CxC always welcome :thumbsup:

llawrence

This is looking excellent.

This is looking excellent.

Thank you Lawrence.

Anne Roy

It’s a while that I wanted to let you know that I have seen some of your magnificent work. You are doing a good job on each of them.

123harry

Another fine portrait of an interesting subject.

C&C always welcome.
                        Instagram harry.hamill

Anne, Harry: thank you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.