Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Ink dot drawing

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Morvix

Not sure this is the correct forum for this picture, but it was done by dot technique, using black ink only, and probably took about 17 hours working on it a bit at a time as the schedule allowed. Appreciate any input. Thank you.

indraneel

Awesome work!

luvinlife68

Really enjoy this work. I am fairly new to stipple art and have been wondering how to do a portrait. Your closeup especially is so helpful. Thank you.

As long as it’s in ink, and a pen was used, then this is the right forum!
                Welcome!

Superb drawing, good proportions and tone work ….. the thumb joint/form looks a little awkward but apart from that, good work!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

water girl

Fantastic work.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

Awesome! Mad with envy – in a nice way of course.
                    John

Morvix

Thank you all for the nice comments and also for the helpful pointers! Although it took a while to do, and a lot of concentration, the drawing was fun to do.
                        I started doing some scratchboard drawings after finishing this one, which I really enjoy! There are a few pictures of some scratchboard drawing posted in the scratchboard forum. If anyone has any interest in those type of drawings, please take a look. Am open to critiques also! Thank you again!

mbankhead

I really like this one, and a great subject too. you’re doing very well with the technique, keep it up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mark.
                            -Don't sweat the small stuff...

An intriguing old fellow! What paper and pens were used?

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Morvix

Sorry I didn’t see this question before, but I will ask my son and let you know. However, it is probably regular drawing paper and a black ink pen. Actually took longer than I posted before, in that I think he said 170 hrs and not 17! Will let you know about the rest. Thank you!

Morvix

As long as it’s in ink, and a pen was used, then this is the right forum!
                                    Welcome!

Superb drawing, good proportions and tone work ….. the thumb joint/form looks a little awkward but apart from that, good work!

Thank you!

Morvix

I really like this one, and a great subject too. you’re doing very well with the technique, keep it up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you very much!

Morvix

An intriguing old fellow! What paper and pens were used?

My son sent me the following reply, which is in part to the fact that I out the wrong number of hours spent on drawing Gandalf, and the rest to your question.
                                            In Re: to the hours on Gandalf it was around 70 not 170 =) In re:to what pens, they were Microns, .005-.05 and the paper was Canson pure white.
                                            Hope that helps!
                                            Joann

Gizzy

Ooh I like this! Very well done.

Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~Stella Adler

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.