Home Forums Explore Media Scratchboard Art My third scratchboard drawing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Morvix

Posting this for my son, who is unable to access the internet currently. This is his first scratchboard drawing on regular scratchboard, his first two scratchboard drawings being done on a thin, and shiny scratchboard paper, which I may be able to post later. The photo isn’t the best quality, but it is the best I could get!

He would appreciate any opinions, tips, kudo’s, and any other valuable information you all can provide, as he is wanting to develop his technique in this medium.

He’s taught himself various drawing techniques, best as he could, via the limited art books that were available to him. However, since he does not have access to usual materials and equipment, he has to use a sewing needle fastened onto a mechanical pencil to draw on the scratchboard. One day he hopes to master the techniques that are posted here by some of the many experienced artists on this forum!
        This is Russell Crowe as Maximus in Gladiator.

Nice work.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Morvix

Here is a close-up picture which may help show the work clearer. If I am able to post other pictures without editing, I will do so. Otherwise I will have to wait until I return to my desktop computer. Thank you in advance.

jonc50

Very nice work!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.