Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 21st September: The Young Tyree

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    123harry

Coloured pencils on Ingres paper. Two hours. Lovely photo again.
        A little overworked and a bit long in the face which has added a year or two but here it is anyway.

The Young Tyree

High res version at:
        http://www.hasroh.co.uk/gallery/cgi-bin/ZAPHOD_1.cgi?709

C&C always welcome.
        Instagram harry.hamill

tyree

what a pleasant surprize ! thank you for doing such

a very lovely drawing of me…it is so definitely me !
            tyree:heart:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

CoalTip

This is beautifully drawn. Loved the lines and hatching the smile got a tinkle :)

Critics & Comments Always Welcome
                SketchBooks[2014[/B]][/SIZE] [2015[/B]][/SIZE]

KolinskyRed

Wow! Lively and full of character with such simple, straightforward, yet sophisticated linework. Which speaks itself to great skill and knowledge of form and style.

dupliKate

Oh wow! So simply drawn with such assurance. I want to draw like you when I grow up:)

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
                        ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
                        http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

123harry

Ha! I’m sure we can find you some better rôle models than me, Kate but thanks for the compliment and thanks to the other folk for their positive comments.
                            I’m glad you like it Tyree it is a lovely photo.
                            Thanks for hosting. The references are really good and you set a great challenge to pastiche le Douanier. I must try that too.

Memo to self: White pencil on shopping list….,,just about worn out.

C&C always welcome.
                            Instagram harry.hamill

Very nice drawing Harry.

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

ConnieT

It really is a wonderful portrait, Harry. I would echo all that has been said about the line work, and the artistic assurance and skill that are demonstrated. I consider it a blessing to be in a group with skilled, dedicated artists like yourself — to enjoy seeing your work each week and to learn from it.

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

Most excellent likeness, Harry! Such a cute, impish smile Susan has.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

123harry

Thanks for your positive comments, people. These events are both fun and instructive. Taking up the challenge of an unfamiliar reference with unaccustomed media is good discipline to hone your skills.
                                    I often post results to other forums to try to drum up interest.

C&C always welcome.
                                    Instagram harry.hamill

kerri_oz

Oh, my! Exquisite and delicate work – fabulous.

I'm here to grow and learn as an artist, so C&C always welcome :D

Clea
                                            ams

Very nice. I love her smile, her whole face is smiling. I like the shades of brown you used on this.

Anne

Anne
                                                C & C always welcome.
                                                https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

Shanec

You’ve caught the mischevous look Harry. Not sure how you managed to create this with pencil, very impressive.

Shane

https://artbyshanec.com

SAndypp

:clap: Stunning work Harry!!! Love the lines and how they really frame the portrait. Loved the colours and she turned out so beautiful as well. You captured her innocence in the photo. Big congrats from my part.
                                                        Sandy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.