Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Who is already preparing to inktober?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Who already is preparing for Inktober? I could not try it last year because it was a very turbulent moment of my life, so I am anxious to try this year.

Will have to draw a few days at work to make it since I could cover only half of oktober with my vacations!

"no no! You are doing it all wrong, in the internet we are supposed to be stubborn, inflexible and arrogant. One cannot simply be suddenly reasonable and reflexive in the internet, that breaks years of internet tradition as a medium of anger, arrogance, bigotry and self entitlement. Damm these internet newcomers being nice to to others!!!"

"If brute force does not solve your problem, then you are not using enough!"

Tiago – I think Inktober is normally run on Facebook (or some other social media platform!) but I’m quite happy for us to have a thread here in the forum if you wish to post your work here – or, if people prefer to run their own Inktober threads here, that’s fine too!
    The more, the merrier!!:lol:

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

DavePete

If thinking about doing it counts…Then I’m preparing

Michael

I did it last year for the first time and am ready to take it on this year. There was a thread here last year where a bunch of us posted our work every day.

Michael
            https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/../Community/images/24-Sep-2010/99382-
            website ,instagram

LoganArt

I have never done it. I’m in. And would much rather share here than FB, if there’s going to be. A thread. Anyone taking the related workshop?

C&C always welcome
                maritajill

This will be my fourth year! I showed them on Instagram but would be happy to play here too. The first time I worked in a pocket size Moleskine while we were travelling in Sicily. I am so glad I did it as I sketched much more than I would have and now have a wonderful souvenir of our trip. Later years they have put out an official theme list.

Marita[/COLOR] [/SIZE] :wave:
                    C & C welcome
                    My Website
                    As Picasso said, "In order to be a painter,
                    you need to know how to paint, and when to stop."

Ok, I’m quite happy to open a dedicated Inktober thread for those who wish to share here.:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Michael

I will be traveling a bit during inktober so I may be challenged trying to post images to wetcanvas from my phone!

Otherwise everything I do will be on instagram.

Michael
                        website ,instagram

laika

I will be traveling a bit during inktober so I may be challenged trying to post images to wetcanvas from my phone!

It can be done! On my android phone, I copy my work with Google PhotoScan, the n crop, rotate, and chop to a suitable size for WetCanvas with Pixlr, then use my phone’s file manager to help upload to WC.

I’m incredibly clumsy with Google PhotoScan, but I think the fault is with me. But the above method (or something similar) would likely quickly become trivial and routine for you.

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                            - Otto Rank

Michael

It can be done! On my android phone, I copy my work with Google PhotoScan, the n crop, rotate, and chop to a suitable size for WetCanvas with Pixlr, then use my phone’s file manager to help upload to WC.

I’m incredibly clumsy with Google PhotoScan, but I think the fault is with me. But the above method (or something similar) would likely quickly become trivial and routine for you.

Thanks! I’ll experiment before I hit the road.

Michael
                                website ,instagram

maritajill

Otherwise everything I do will be on instagram.

I’m posting from my iPhone. I think you can post one image per 24 hours. The clever software on WetCanvas manages to shrink it to a happy size. Join in while you’re travelling as I will, as well as IG 😎

Marita[/COLOR] [/SIZE] :wave:
                                    C & C welcome
                                    My Website
                                    As Picasso said, "In order to be a painter,
                                    you need to know how to paint, and when to stop."

fritzthefox

I just stocked up on a bunch of pens. I’m celebrating Inktober in my own way, though…I’m not going to create a unique piece of art every day. While I’m sure that is good practice (and good social media fodder), I think in the end all I would have is a bunch of small, uninteresting studies that I would ultimately stuff in a box and forget about. I prefer to work on a more ambitious pen and ink project, and dedicate time to it every day.

Michael

Ok here’s a test image to be sure I can do this all on the phone. I think it worked! (I’m using an Android app called JustResizeIt)

Michael
                                            website ,instagram

laika

Good for you, eeglug! Looking good!

I’m sure there are plenty of ways to skin this particular cat :) Most of the time for a while now, all I’ve had is my android phone to work with and it’s really not so much of hurdle for most things.

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                                                - Otto Rank

Well done Michael!

October, so I’ll go make the thread for your inking!

Fritzthefox – by all means share each update in the thread though – it’ll be nice to see your drawing’s progress!

Cheers, Maureen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.