Home Forums Explore Media Digital Art Anyone here able to write a review on new Wacom Intuos Pro M

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jow104

I have had email from Wacom displaying the new Wacom Intuos pro M tablet with Bluetooth available instead of usb cable etc.

Anyone here with experience of the tablet able to voice their views or write a review?

I have this tablet. I upgraded about a month ago. It is much better than having either the usb cord, or the wireless usb adapter. The over-all tablet is sleeker, lighter, and just as versatile. It is a no-fuss setup which happens totally automatically once the bluetooth is turned on.Mine came with the new stand for the stylus – weighted, and the base contains extra nibs. The tablet came with the “flat” finish – which is more tactile, but wears down the nib much faster. I went to the Office Supply, bought clear file sleeves, and now I have a very slick work surface – which is what I like. If you prefer, you can buy a diff surface from Wacom at about $10 (I think) Nib refills are also $10. And, as always the warranty is excellent.

jow104

I have this tablet. I upgraded about a month ago. It is much better than having either the usb cord, or the wireless usb adapter. The over-all tablet is sleeker, lighter, and just as versatile. It is a no-fuss setup which happens totally automatically once the bluetooth is turned on.Mine came with the new stand for the stylus – weighted, and the base contains extra nibs. The tablet came with the “flat” finish – which is more tactile, but wears down the nib much faster. I went to the Office Supply, bought clear file sleeves, and now I have a very slick work surface – which is what I like. If you prefer, you can buy a diff surface from Wacom at about $10 (I think) Nib refills are also $10. And, as always the warranty is excellent.

Thanks for your reply and I apologise for tardy response but a new PC arrived in the meantime (windows 10) and I am struggling to find my way around .
            Your reply helps me make a decision to switch over to a bluetooth Intuos M, so once I have got myself sorted out I will no doubt make a purchase.

I know about the win10 . It took me a bit to get used to it when I got my new all-in-one.

dlambson

I have the Windows 10 Surface..I’m not a fan. Working with Photoshop CC it will quite regularly freeze or some function will just randomly stop working..I have to save my work and reboot..or in the case of freezing, just hope my work is saved. I no longer have the ability to touch increase/decrease or the use of the liquify feature. Just gone. I’ve updated drivers and done a bit of research but it’s really frustrating to have to deal with your system as well as learning a new art. I’m new to digital.

Deborah

A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything. :Irish Proverb

jow104

I had a new top end PC delivered the other day intending to include a Wacom intuos tablet but windows 10 would not work properly with my 40″tv monitor, fortunately I purchased through Amazon and was able to return under their returns policy.
                    Windows 10 imo was not designed for the consumers benefit.

lareine

I’ve had a Wacom Intuos Pro M since about a year ago. I had a Windows 8 machine at the time and it worked beautifully out of the box. I upgraded to Windows 10 and Bluetooth stopped working. It would stutter, disconnect frequently, and was generally unusable. Also the Wacom drivers created havoc with some of my other software, particularly Calibre (eBook manager). I had to use an old version of the driver to keep Calibre working, and had to connect via USB instead of Bluetooth.
                        Happily, the latest version of the Wacom drivers seems to have fixed this. I updated a couple of weeks ago and have had no problems since.

The tablet itself is great. Very responsive, a decent size, and some very useful buttons and a touch ring. I use the ring and a couple of buttons a lot, and the other buttons not at all :)

I didn’t like the “toothiness” of the surface it came with so I purchased a smooth surface to replace the default one. That was very simple to swap out, and I’m sure the smooth one is less wearing on the pen nibs too.

Once I’d got past the learning curve, I started to prefer the Wacom to my mouse. I certainly prefer it for anything to do with drawing or painting.

jow104

Thanks for those replies and comments. I have returned to my windows 7 PC and my old Wacom bamboo tablet and use its original dvd installer and avoid web drivers they just seem to conflict somewhere with anything anywhere.
                            But even with that set up I continually have to pull the Wacom usb lead out and refresh at times to get it back to life.

I just bought a intuos Pro M and I am loving most of it in my windows 10. The only thing I disliked is how fast the nib is wearing down.

"no no! You are doing it all wrong, in the internet we are supposed to be stubborn, inflexible and arrogant. One cannot simply be suddenly reasonable and reflexive in the internet, that breaks years of internet tradition as a medium of anger, arrogance, bigotry and self entitlement. Damm these internet newcomers being nice to to others!!!"

"If brute force does not solve your problem, then you are not using enough!"

jow104

On my old wacom bamboo tablet I have taped on a basic typing paper and the nib has been going over 12 months. Perhaps give it a try?

On my old wacom bamboo tablet I have taped on a basic typing paper and the nib has been going over 12 months. Perhaps give it a try?

I taped the back cover of a canson drawing pad… it is a plastcified smooth paper.. hope it increases the lifespan of the nib.

"no no! You are doing it all wrong, in the internet we are supposed to be stubborn, inflexible and arrogant. One cannot simply be suddenly reasonable and reflexive in the internet, that breaks years of internet tradition as a medium of anger, arrogance, bigotry and self entitlement. Damm these internet newcomers being nice to to others!!!"

"If brute force does not solve your problem, then you are not using enough!"

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.