Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia sunset Sennen Cove – another

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhere

I’m taking part in (and organising heaven help me!) a sketchbook exchange with an art group I belong to. 20 people are taking part in 2 groups of 10 over 10 months. Each sets a theme for, and starts off a book that ultimately comes back to them, to keep, with work by all of their group. Just hoping everyone keeps up! It can really spoil things if they don’t.

My theme is Places that are special to you – place/room/whatever

Of course mine is of Cornwall :cat:

watercolour, gouache, coloured pencil and charcoal pencil on sanded paper. Page size for everyone is 21cm square.

The book builds as it travels, each adding their page in a concertina fashion. The cover goes on when it’s finished and comes back to me. There are some really good people taking part so looking forward to the finished thing :)

Such a clever idea! I’m really enjoying your Cornwall marinescape, Vivien, and can hear the waves hitting the rocks!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Love your painting of Cornwall!
        The Sketchbook Exchange is a great idea. We have a similar Exchange with Pastel Artists of New Zealand. Those participating send their pastel paintings in to the Co-ordinator, they go into a folder, then its sent around all the members for their comments etc.
        I like the sound of your Sketchbook Exchange better. It will be exciting to see everyone’s finished work at the end of the Exchange. A fun project!

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

vhere

That sounds good Viv

I was invited to take part in an international sketchbook exchange a few years back and it was brilliant fun. I treasure the book. Everyone kept up. I took part in another where a well known artist let everyone down by backing up about 6 books for months and not responding to emails – it’s so reliant on people keeping up with their one per month and handing on.

cavazosdesign

This is a great idea and sounds like fun.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.