Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Frail

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Constance

My aunt looked at me the whole time I was drawing her. We did not talk…after a short while, she fell asleep. still not remembering who I am. We did not talk. I did not avoid her gaze in person, but noticed I did avoid, once I finished the sketch…

Sometimes, we are more truthful on paper.

It’s not a good sketch, and realised it’s sometimes harder to draw someone that you’re in some ways linked to closely.

Instagram: unsuspectingstrangers

ArtistOz

A good opportunity and still well done.

Bill,
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
            Instagram, billwperry

arl

Wonderful atmosphere.

Arlene - C & C always appreciated
                instagram.com/ababadart

vhere
                    Constance

Thanks Bill, Arlene and Vivien :)

Drawing is a way for us to make sense of a situation- at least for me!
                        This is such a beautiful, sensitive drawing. Well done!

bethany
                        moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
                        website www.bethanyart.com
                        My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

Constance

Thanks so much Bethany :)

123harry

They are not pretty. You capture the isolated helplessness of the sick woman. They are moving.

C&C always welcome.
                                Instagram harry.hamill

Constance

Thank you so much Harry.

You are a true artist Constance :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                                    More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
                                    Instagram
                                    https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

Constance your drawings here are honest, evocative and expressive… these are a record and a memory.

Mac

dupliKate

Oh my…these drawings are very moving….very tough subject matter done with an unflinching but compassionate eye…

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
                                        ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
                                        http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

joe1It

they are great jobs,

your works tell stories or arouse great emotions, touch certain ropes, feelings without emotions as happens with these 2 drawings.
                                            all with a fantastic technique and style

- C & C welcome ( comments and criticisms highly appreciated)

— NOT allowed for Al training

Constance

Thanks David, Mac, Kate and Joe for your encouraging words.

Thanks David, but I don’t think i deserve any title with the word ‘artist’ in it :) An observer is all that I am.

The mere fact that you struggle with your art so much makes you an artist. If there’s no struggle it’s just a hobby :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                                                More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
                                                Instagram
                                                https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.