Home Forums The Art Business Center General Art Business Internet Sales Strategies Naming of my art WordPress sites; possessive form, or just my name

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Sossity

Greetings all, it’s been a while. I have a WordPress account, and created a site for my art, and am torn on the best naming for it.

So far, I want it to be called Sossity C. Corby Art in some form.

What would be best?

Sossity C. Corby’s Art, in the possessive form?

or just

Sossity C. Corby Art.

I was not sure if using a possessive form is unprofessional or what.

I also have the name Raven Fine Art, would that be good? or is it best just to use my name? raven is a translation of my last name, my last name means raven or crow.

It’s all a personal preference, either is fine but to me, the possessive form makes it sound like a store name. The non possessive sounds more confident, I would add a comma though..

Sossity C. Corby, Art

I would be careful with a name like Raven Fine Art, if you google it, there’s already many that have that name. You could run into issues because of that.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

Sossity

Thank you, I like the idea of it sounding confident. I also had some other variations on the name.

I also had a question of having the plural or singular for the word art, such as;

Sossity C. Corby, Arts

Sossity C. Corby, Art

Sossity C. Corby, Fine Arts

Sossity C. Corby, Fine Art

I now do mostly fine art, painting, drawing, but not exclusively. I have also and still do a little digital art like digital drawing in illustrator and artrage, and photography, I used to do a little video editing, not as much now, don’t like it much, and I also once dabbled in macrame. Because of this, I wondered if I should use the plural of the word art, like arts to account for all this, or stick with the word art in the singular.

Which of these names would be best?

Harold Roth

In my experience of selling online, shorter is better. I use Harold Roth Art for my business name, even though there was a photographer called Harold Roth who still comes up pretty high in the rankings, but I don’t use my middle initial. It’s just another thing for people to remember (and to forget). My art site is just haroldroth.com, and my blog is haroldrothart.wordpress.com, but I will be changing it to haroldrothartist.com.

Sossity

Ok, thanks, I have the middle initial, in case, I have any name changes, I asked about it I believe on this site a while back, since some of my family believe that my first name Sossity is too odd, and people would forget it.

Some family members suggested I change my names around; take my middle name which is Caroline, and make it my first name.

I then was told by some others that my first name is unique, and that I should stick with it especially for my art.

As a compromise, and because I am still on the fence about this, I use my first name and middle initial, this way, if I ever do switch out my middle name, and or I stay with my first name Sossity, the middle initial, will clue people in that the C is for Caroline.

If I changed my name to Caroline, people will have been seeing the middle C initial, and when they look for Sossity, they will know where the C initial comes from.

I hope that makes some sense.

Harold Roth

Okay, but you can always do a redirect from, for instance, sossityccorby.com to carolinecorby.com or whatever. It is not a big deal.

Sossity

I am not sure how I would do a redirect, and I read that it takes a while for search engines to remake results for someone, if they make a name change to their site, people might get led to a blank page to the previous name, since the search engines will not have adjusted to the change. This results in people losing track of someone.

I a not trying to be argumentative, it was just a concern I had when I read about this.

bongo

I am not sure how I would do a redirect, and I read that it takes a while for search engines to remake results for someone, if they make a name change to their site, people might get led to a blank page to the previous name, since the search engines will not have adjusted to the change. This results in people losing track of someone.

I a not trying to be argumentative, it was just a concern I had when I read about this.

You easily set it up with whomever you registered your name – GoDaddy – or whoever.

The re-direct takes effect nearly-instantaneous – a matter of minutes. The delays you speak of are a thing of the long-ago past.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/18-Sep-2019/1999899-sigsmall.jpg
                                STUDIOBONGO

Sossity is such a cool name. I would use that, it’s so unique and beautiful.

I like the “Sossity C. Corby, Arts”.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                                Find me on Instagram
                                Find me on Facebook

Harold Roth
                                    qasder

A well-chosen website name will aid in the rapid growth of your business. The name should be easily remembered and will not be confused with competitors.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.