Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia Watermedia Challenge for September 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Merriweather

Welcome to the Watermedia Challenge for September . I am your host for this month, and its a pleasure to be so.

I have a selection of photos to present. I do hope you are inspired to have a roaring time in your ‘art space.’ These are from my surrounds, subjects that I have taken, so letting you know… all free.

Thank you kindly to tuscanny for having hosted August… It was great fun being challenged by some of images.

Any newbies who would like to join in, please do so without hesitation, as you are all most welcome and encouragement will be offered.

Hollyhock

Camellia

Purple flower arrangement with a rose.

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

Merriweather

Angel & frog

In the Garden of Unearthly delights – ( a summer festival)

Punch & Judy – from an exhibition

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

Merriweather

Child playing with toys

Big fella – Gorilla

The Marilyns – yearly swim for breast cancer

Merriweather

Steam train

Hallett Cove at Sunset

Landscape of Hallett Cove

Thank you, Merri. These are very varied and look so challenging! I must learn to simplify more. Often I see photos that look “too difficult” to try and then see someone with your talents take the best of it and produce beautiful art.

Joy
                    C & C encouraged!

Merriweather

Belair lake

Shovelling coal.

Pick an item or three out of the still life and create your own composition.

Merriweather

Vege display

Eucalypt blossom

Bird

Merriweather

I hope you all find something to inspire you and paint.

Please crop or distort or use your own imaginative palette to render what you feel comfortable with and what pleases you.
                                Enjoy and have fun. !

cheers

Merri.

Merriweather

Thank you, Merri. These are very varied and look so challenging! I must learn to simplify more. Often I see photos that look “too difficult” to try and then see someone with your talents take the best of it and produce beautiful art.

Thank you Joy. I never expect anyone to copy the whole image. Parts of what you can use and you own imagination is really good. Go for it Joy…
                                    I have included a still life, and its to be painted by pulling it apart and painting only what you want to use from it. I hope that its inspiring enough to be used.

The other veges one, which I have almost completed in colour pencil can be pulled apart too.

Enjoy and have fun with your own interpretation.

cheers
                                    Merri.

A nice wide selection from which to choose. Thanks so much! You live in a beautiful area.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Merriweather

A nice wide selection from which to choose. Thanks so much! You live in a beautiful area.

Thank you Kay for stickying the thread.
                                        You are welcome re getting the thread together. Yes, beautiful area indeed.

cheers

Merri

Thanks for a great selection to choose from, Merri!

Christel

ArtySinger

wow Merri you are a talented photographer as well as artist. Some wonderful pics here . Thanks for hosting this month.

Sandie
                                            https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/sandiecroftart.html

Merriweather

Cheers tuscanny and Sandie.

It is my pleasure. !

artastic

Wonderful selection, I have never seen the blooms from a eucalyptus before!, sure hope to be more active on WC now that summer is almost done

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                                                    http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.