WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2019, 11:32 AM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States
Re: Daily Wash Monday 9th December 2019

Good morning. Overcast, but it will be warm again up into the 70s. Overnight, we will rain mixed with snow as the temperatures drop like a rock. Thank goodness my appointment with the back surgeon is right after lunch. It is only a 15 minute drive away depending on the number of red lights you hit.

Yesterday was wonderful! I played with minis for most of the day. Watched some TV shows in the evening. Was not tired, so I went back into the studio for another hour. I made progress on my winter scene, and oldest daughters special present. Today will be more of the same. My Cricut will be getting a big workout today!

Lulu, Read about the horrible event at the site of the active volcano. There is a dead volcano in New Mexico in a National Park called Mt. Capula. They have trails and benches that you can walk down into the crater. Even though it was dead, it still was creepy to walk down into the caldera.

Annie, No one would have ever know that you had neighbors so close to your house prior to your drought. Hope a La Nina forms to break the drought.

Off to eat breakfast...
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2019, 12:31 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good Morning! It's raining. I've already checked for water in the basement and it is high and dry thus far. that I won't have to do any mopping up. My back is hurting today and I just don't want to have to deal with seepage.

We have been to town as Ted had an appointment with our local Surgeon. She is very pleased with his progress. She said it's still way too early to work on the three hernias, though. Due to the size and number of the hernias, she told us that the repair would be a huge surgery. She's not confident that his body is stable enough to tolerate the operation. However, she is going to send a recommendation to Ted's liver Dr. in London for a Surgeon who's qualified to deal with such large hernias. If Dr. Brahmania (liver) agrees, then we'll have next steps to think about.

We have also gathered up our trash and recyclables, delivering them to the transfer station. Ted dropped me off at home and he's now gone to Canadian Tire for reasons only a man can fathom. He'll be done in when he gets home.

We saw the erupting volcano on this morning's news before we left for town. It was shocking that tourists were on the island when it blew.

Annie, what a shame that your foliage has depleted to the point where your neighbours are now visible. You are a rogue!

Awh... poor Elvis, Rod.

Doug, sorry about the disrupted night. I'm sure you'll find time for a nap.

Lulu, I won't lie... my heart thumped when I first heard the news. Taking a Sunday is a good thing.

Bill, there are a few "Wellness" practices here. I've wondered what they do, thinking it is holistic medicine.

Sylvia, you are certainly prolific with your art! I have said many times, that I'm of your Classes with Nita!

Ellen, you make me tired every time I read your posts and wish that I had half your ambition!

Uschi, it IS getting close. I need to write out my menu and get my groceries for Christmas Dinner before the huge crowds move in!

Lynn, having small items for sale at the Gallery is a good thing. People always have $20 that they're will to part with.

Anita, it's really hard to not buy all the new and pretty things at Christmas time.

Nancy, I hope your Dr. gives you a good report and releases you from Big Bertha. I didn't see any photos of your next minis on FB.

Kay,

(((June))) Keeping you in my thoughts.

((Steve and Lisa))

((Rachel))

Ok... I'd better do something constructive with the balance of my morning. I hope your day is happy and creative.

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2019, 01:03 PM
A WC! Legend
New Canaan Connecticut

Hails from United States

Yes , it is tomorrow .
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR KIND THOUGHTS june

http://blogmomcom.blogspot.com/
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2019, 01:15 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

(((June))) best wishes for your operation tomorrow.

Good news from the doctor Char, a difficult recovery but Ted seems to be making steady progress.

Doug
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

June, Good luck tomorrow. You will be in the gifted hands of the doctors, nurses, and all the wonderful support people at the hospital. I am sorry that your son is still having problems with his health.

Char, Everything is still in the beginning stages and not ready to post. As soon as I have photos up, I will let you know.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2019, 01:58 PM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Morning all...

Re the volcano...10,000 people visit this island every year, tourists and locals, knowing the danger. It is often at some level of activity.
This tourist activity will change now I am sure.
This is an absolutely tragic outcome.

All the best June.

Haha Doug

Last edited by Lulu : 12-09-2019 at 02:08 PM.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2019, 01:59 PM
Enthusiast
Memphis, TN

Hails from United States

A good Monday to all.......warm and windy here as the cold front approaches. Rain and plummeting temps called for tonight. Think I'll make a pot of Miner's Soup for dinner tonight.

Easiest soup to fix.....1 can Rotelle, 1 can sweet corn, 1 can tomato soup, 1 can of Ranch style beans, 1 can chicken broth and I add some Fajita chicken strips. Put it in the crock pot and let it simmer all day. Heat a loaf of sourdough bread and you've got a warm filling meal. Just don't have the energy to make it from scratch.........Lisa will be going straight from work to the hospital, so she'll be late getting home. With this I can keep it on low until she gets home.

Lisa's mom is improving in some areas and failing in others. They've got her O2 and CO2 stats in good numbers now, but her kidney's are failing.... her Bun level was 112 this morning (should be in the low 20's). Doctors will start her on dialysis this afternoon but are worried that at her age (93) it maybe too much for her. We're at the stage where the question is how much efforts do you take vs. the QOL.....the fact is her body is just giving out...part by part. The DNR thing is worked out.....no extraordinary measures to be taken. No chest compression (at her age it would just result in broken ribs and punctured lung), no intubation tube. They had to use a Bipap mask at 20 lpm at 20% concentration to get her levels down......the big question is how long will they stay there. You can't get those levels with a cannulae and a concentrater. The other big question is the dialysis...the doctor is worried it will be too much of a strain on her system....caught between a rock and hard place. Risk the dialysis or do nothing and wait for total kidney failure to take its course and just keep her medicated for the pain. She's a fighter, but I'm afraid this is one fight she can't win.

Annie....love the photo, quite the menagerie......

Need to get moving.......Greetings to all here and those to come.

Be good, do good.......
Steve.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2019, 02:28 PM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Char, good to hear Ted is progressing.
The Wellness program I have is monitored my an Osteopath's Nurse Practitioner. I take two protein shakes, morning and lunch, and eat protein, fruit, a small amount of starch if I want and vegetables. No sweets. So far I have lost a little, not much, but I have not gained.

June, I be thinking about you tomorrow.
Bill

#24   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scene Chaser
Good day all,

Thanks Lulu and Doug for the laugh.

I read about the volcano last night. Why wasn't the government controlling visits while it was active?

An entertaining view, Annie.

Rod, Ms. Feral chases off all female cats but cowers from the Toms.

I'll meet with my wellness coach this morning and do a little shopping.
Bill

I visited my late brothers wife to see if she had anything that wanted doing
However her sons had it all sorted, what did surprise me was the two Springer Spaniels both came and laid at my feet belly up in submission!!
(both females)
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Chesterfield, Derbyshire

Evening all, to those still to wash up on the tide, and huggles to all who need them

I've just had a very quick skim-read of the last couple of days, so my apologies if I miss anyone or anything important. I'm currently up to my neck in Christmas cards.

I spent most of yesterday updating my Excel card list, and setting up the address labels, which is supposed to be time-saving. The main problem was that I've got non-standard sized labels, which although I have set up from previous years, they never print properly on the labels. I've therefore bought some Avery standard labels, which Word has templates for so I shouldn't have so many printing problems. My current problem though is that Amazon should be delivering them today, and of course I'm still waiting. I therefore have a huge pile of cards which I'll have to match up with the right label once they arrive and I can print them. I've written briefly in the cards, but as this year's been so eventful and not everyone on my card list knows about my mum and my op, I've written (typed, as I find typing rather than writing easier with my arthritis) a 'one size fits all' letter that's generic enough to send with the cards, promising that I'll be in touch with people properly in the new year. According to Amazon's delivery tracker, my labels should have been here by 7.30pm!

(((June))) I hope your op goes well and wish you a speedy recovery.

I love seeing pics of Annie and JJ's local wildlife. I guess it's what you're used to, but such critters seem so exotic to us. Birds, the odd hedgehog, badger, fox, and such like seem tame in comparison.

Rod - my condolences for your encounter with Rees Mogg. I hope you recover quickly.
With any luck, in the Christmas episode of Dr Who she'll take him away in the Tardis and back to the Victorian era!

(((Steve and Lisa))) I'm so sorry to hear about Lisa's mom, and I remember how stressful and tiring it was when my grandmother was seriously ill, and more recently, my mum. I know you'll need and want to be there for Lisa, but please try and take some time out for yourself, even if it's only a short amount of time.

(((Char)))

(((Doug))) I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight. I'm not sure you should be asking Lulu such personal questions though!

The news about the volcanic eruption on White Island, NZ is terrible. It was on our breakfast news this morning, but at that point the details were a little sketchy. Those tourists on the boat who were filming the eruption as the boat was leaving the island had such a lucky escape. It must have been terrifying for those on the island who'd made it to the 'beach' and were waiting to be rescued. According to our 6pm news, the authorities don't think there are any further survivors on the island. They've confirmed 5 fatalities, but think there may have been up to 50 people on the volcano, including a sightseeing helicopter that's been spotted in the crater.
Such sad news. A total tragedy.

At least though finally it looks like the international community is taking firm action over Russian doping, banning them from all major sporting events for 4 years (though athletes who can prove they're 'clean' can compete under a neutral flag, whatever that means. I seem to remember though they've tried banning Russia before, which doesn't seem to have been entirely successful. Hmmm...

"Living on the edge...trying to not fall off - and painting outside the lines!"
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-10-2019, 02:48 PM
Lord of the Arts
Cobble Hill, BC

Hails from Canada

Good morning all - Uschi, so glad your operation is over. I'm waiting to see if the liquid nitrogen has worked on me.

Kay, how wonderful you had a good audition, now, hoping for a good role for you.

Yes, the volcano was on our news yesterday - a horrible tragedy.

Still holding your hand, June. Betty