Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 27 December Landscape

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Clea

I have played around and abstracted the landscape reference. About 10 x 10 cm, pastel on La Carte. C & c welcome.

Clea, wow, I don’t know how you do this but it is wonderful! Nice angular shapes form a pleasing design.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Polygon

I love it! I wouldn’t have guessed it was based on the landscape reference, but knowing that, I can see how the colours and tone pointed you to this composition. My favourite part is that little bit of reflected sky in the water.

Comments and critiques are always welcome.

eyepaint

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

-- EP Moderator for:
                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Scattykat

…good abstraction of the ref, bright and cheerful, ditto all above…

Scatty ....
                    ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

dupliKate

This is an incredible abstraction! Is the La Carte paper sanded? I am fascinated by the texture. Really works!

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
                        ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
                        http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

Clea

Thanks a lot!

Yes, La Carte is the sanded paper made by Sennelier.

123harry

Now that’s what you call an interpretation! Excellent. It has a strong graphic quality.

C&C always welcome.
                                Instagram harry.hamill

Rundun

Very well done indeed Imelda

Unique and creative, really good interpretation!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

tyree

A beautiful abstract Clea !!!!

tyree :clap:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

ronsu18

😀😀😀 beautiful red, sneaky and wonderful effect from texture, electric palette! great job!

C&C welcome

ConnieT

I love it! The texture is an important element here. So well done!

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

SAndypp

Wow what a great way to meet the challenge. Mattise would have loved seeing this. The complementary colours work a treat. Not easy to do what you’ve done. Very talented indeed.

Well done my friend. Happy New Year as well.
                                                    Sandy.

Hey Clea:wave: just follow the yellowbrick road:clap:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/15-Aug-2012/6932-painting-sig.jpg

http://guilliartgallery.blogspot.com/2009/12/still-life.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.