Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events wde jan 10 gypsy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ronsu18

another telly doodle, line, letting the pen wander without looking at the reference during doodling. i did start with eight green cps, but finished with one red. so, no challenge but the approach made for interesting observations. Valri thank you for hosting!

“should be is not”
        sketch 23x33cm, graphite then colored pencils, maybe 1h15

C&C welcome

Ronsu, this is really nicely done in those complementary colors!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Scotkatidid

Wonderful sketch!

Thanks for looking, Kate
            My Bloghttp://www.katescott40.blogspot.ca/
            Two roads diverged in a wood and I, took the one less traveled by... Robert Frost

ronsu18

thank you! 🌞

process talk, for beginners!
                couldn’t post this earlier, adding it now. part of my starting process is a completely undemanding digital play session, without a plan, without expectations.
                to the left, used a “healing brush” on the photo editor on my phone. it looks insane but the only motivation is to cause changes to the perfection of the original, to spend time with the subject before actually starting.
                to the right, changed the color, lightened the background and darkened the lower outline of the lady to further separate her from the background. serendipity created the glow around her, giving the feeling that her background elevates her.

C&C welcome

Shanec

That’s a great sketch Ronsu, particularly the less developed people in the background.

Shane

https://artbyshanec.com

SAndypp

Thank you Ronsu for showing us your process. It’s very inspiring. There is a nice balance between abstract and realism. I really like how you’ve captured her face. You’ve captured a tenderness and fragility. Well done :thumbsup:

Sandy.

Valri Ary

Love the background people. Nicely done

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]C&C welcomed ALWAYS!!! Valri
                            www.valriary.com

A wonderful interpretation.

tyree

very nicely done !!!

tyree:)

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

123harry

Interesting approach. We have a rejuvenated and rather stylish gypsy lady though she has not lost the distrustful expression.

C&C always welcome.
                                    Instagram harry.hamill

Triduana

Great use of complimentary colours in this sketch. I really like the suggestions of people in the background. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

artastic

Love th capture of the busy street while singling the gypsey out

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                                            http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.