WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Mixed Media, Encaustics, Collage and Alternative Materials
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2019, 03:52 PM
Montrose, MI

Hails from United States
Crystal Tree frame color

This is an 11x11 inch two layer piece that will have a inset color lighted frame. I can't decide whether to leave it this ivory color pictured or paint it black. What do you think?

The upper layer is clear acrylic with 11 different crystals glued to it and it stands about a quarter inch from an acrylic painted surface. I.m including a couple different lighted colors and some unlighted.

So far all these frames have been black but maybe this could go ivory or even pink or pale green.... Help!!!

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2019, 05:29 PM

Re: Crystal Tree frame color

I had not seen something like this before. It's very attractive. Have you heard about philosophers Deleuze and Guattari's concept rhizome? Seeing the roots of your tree made me think about it.

Anyway, so I understand that what you're unsure about painting is just the frame, right? If that's the case, I personally think that it would look better in black... but that's just me.

Thank you for sharing your work.

Last edited by Gerardo G. : 12-13-2019 at 05:50 PM.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2019, 05:37 PM
Montrose, MI

Hails from United States

Gerardo, I haven't heard of these philosophers or their concept but I will look it up. I am pleased that my work made you think of it. Thank you for saying so. I am also leaning towards black for the frame, but will think about it for another day.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-16-2019, 03:37 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

This is a beautiful tree creation! I love the lighter color frame myself.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-26-2019, 09:25 AM
WC! Guide
Loony Toonsville

Hails from United States

I am leaning towards a black frame. Do you have some photo-editing software that you could digitally try out all the different colors you're thinking of?
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-26-2019, 10:53 PM
Montrose, MI

Hails from United States

Hi! I wanted to post an update with the final pictures. It went up in the gallery at the Clio Center for the Arts today with others from the series. I have to admit it is my least favorite but I learned some stuff and I will use this method again with a better painting. I'm really sorry for posting so many pictures but it just looks SO different depending on the lighting and my camera is not the greatest.