Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects What are you working on last quarter 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

It is always interesting to see what is on your easel or sketch book. Please share with us your latest work. No critiques necessary but if you want any comments or help , just say so. Looking forward to seeing what you are up to.

Chammi
    My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

Thanks, Chammi. I think I need to lighten the front of his muzzle and could use a lighter brown acrylic. What do you think. I also need to work on the colour of the right antler.

I’m watching the opening games of the Rugby World Cup!

Penny
    I live in Wiltshire, England
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Penny, I took a look at the ref. picture and think where the problem lies, is that the face is too long. Measure the width of the face and see how many times that fits into the length. Always a good measure. The left eye (on my screen) is also a little too bulbous otherewise. the colours and shapes are good. This is not an easy subject. If you are really battling, it might help if you enlarged the image to fit your support and then traced it. I have just done a measurement of your photo. You will see that the length of the face is about one and a half the width of the top of the head. Your length is twice the width. Hope this helps a little.

Chammi

Yes, it does help, thank you. I will start again, and trace it and try to get the proportions right. I’ll try to leave the paler parts of the face lighter, too. I may try it in pastels this time.

Penny
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Good luck Penny. I saw your drawing and it looks spot on to me.

Chammi

Thanks, Chammi. He’s a little break the bottom of the paper but the antlers don’t fit in otherwise.

Penny

Make his antlers a little shorter. No one will know how long they have grown.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chammi

Good idea! I will finish this one now I’ve started.

Penny

This is in padtels

Penny

I started again with watercolour and coloured pencils. I’m now adding a blue background.

Penny

I like it.:clap:

Chammi

Triduana

Looking good Penny. I like the various textures in the fur and antlers.

I haven’t had time / motivation for much art recently – too much else going on! But I’m participating in Inktober this year for the first time, which I am hoping will get me back into things.

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Thanks, Chammi

Penny

Thanks, Kay. I thought it might be a little twee, but you think it’s all right? I was thinking of darkening its coat.

I know what you mean about motivation! I haven’t really been in the mood for drawing/painting, lately. I hope you enjoy the Inktober and get back into the mood.

I’m away for a 4-day break in Dawlish at present with Indy and Rita and Wilf. We saw black swans that live on the river in Dawlish – one on a nest!

Penny

djbuds

Looks great Penny

C&C are always welcome
            Donna

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.