Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk ** Daily Wash Sunday 7th July 2019**

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    shipbroker

Morning All

Been awake since 0130 but so used to it that it doesn’t worry me.
        Birds started a hour day after and in full flow now.

One of Eileens sisters calling later,probably first visit for five years!

Geoff

Email from Claire,her flight running very late so likely miss tonight’s connection.

JJ…Yes you can be proud of Tania.

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Good morning Geoff and all to follow. You really are a poor sleeper Geoff.

A bright sunny morning here with Simpsons clouds. We have escaped the extreme temperatures so far, I hope that continues.

We had a lovely dinner last night with lots of interesting discussion.

I’ll have to get out and water the tubs and hanging baskets, the rest can look after itself.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

:wave:

Good morning Geoff and Doug, and all to come.

Geoff, I am bursting at the seams for her..

It was fine this morning, until midday when I went to church. light sprinkle coming out 2 hours later.

I hope you all have a wonderful day/evening. :grouphug:

JJ
        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
        MY BLOG
        My Youtube videos

doppler

Good evening.

Cold and rainy today with enveloping mist.

Went to the dump this morning and there was an officious guy with a clipboard there …. well he would have been officious except for the splendid dreadlocks pulled into a man bun …. very nice .. . but I digress… who wanted to know our address and what we had brought to the dump, actually transfer station. Gave my address and said recycling, as I dumped the wine bottles, empty :lol:

Apart from that news, time to make like a carpet Python. Roast beef tonight.

:wave: to all following

Annie
            "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
            Steven Wright
            My Flickr Site

Que Sera

Morning all. The ukulele festival is in full swing here. Today is the last day. It’s like Glastonbury for pensioners and toddlers with everyone having a great time. Yesterday I was complimented on my sing-a-long singing by the chap sitting next to me. #mademyday.

I’ve been busy all week with grandchildren and decorators and I’ve even managed a bit of watercolour painting myself. This lot of workmen likes their tea and coffee and there are 4 of them so it’s a challenge for my brain remembering the milk and sugar combinations.

Weather is lovely today so I must remember my hat and sun cream. Fortunately we don’t have the extremes of temperature some of you are enduring.

Have the best day you can everyone.

QS

In all these things we are more than conquerors.

:wave: everyone,
                I’ve been awake since 3:30. :rolleyes: Something I ate didn’t agree with me and even though I tried getting back to sleep in the lazy boy I’m still up. I will probably go back to bed to try for a nap soon.

We closed the windows before bed because it was supposed to go down to 9. Good thing we did because the temp this morning is 4. :rolleyes: It will go up to 27 and sunny.

I have open studio at the art club this afternoon and I have a couple of ideas for scarf dyeing I want to try.

Brian has to cut the grass this afternoon once it’s dry and he is going to the gym this morning. He has booked his flight to Vancouver Island to visit his mom in Aug. She needs some help to fix her deck and then he is going to travel around the island a bit. His sister also lives there and she is lending him her second car so he can get around.

I’m going to try for a nap so I’ll wish you all a happy day.

www.ellenspalette.com

Bill

Good day all,

Nice cool temps here this morning. Keeping the door open to cool off the house.

QS, nice to get a compliment for your singing.:thumbsup:

I must bake a loaf of bread this morning while it’s cool.

It’s dry and comfortable enough to get a lot of yard work completed. I’ll surely get my exercise walking behind the mower. My yard is my gym.
                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Uschi

Good Morning!

All the windows and doors are open, finally a day that is cool enough that one can do that. It’ will heat back up tomorrow but I think the nights will be a bit cooler.

Must be something in the air because I too woke up after every sleep cycle, that doesn’t normally happen to me. I did manage to get right back to sleep.

Geoff, have you always had sleeping problems??? No fun:rolleyes: Is Claire arriving tomorrow for a lengthy vacation??

Well I lugged the carpet steam cleaner upstairs and will do the area behind the furniture. Laundry needs doing too.

A couple of scrabble ladies and I are going to the Concert in the Park this evening.

JJ, CONGRATULATIONS to Tania!!!!:clap: That’s what’s called a half marathon and is a BIG achievement!!!!!!!

QS. oh my, your half naked men are still prancing in front of you:clear: :) See, all this ice cream encouraged them to stay around:D The weekend sounds like so much fun.

Ellen, 4 degrees sounds good, but only for one night to thoroughly cleanse the air. I hope your digestion is recovering.

Annie, the bottles will have properly labelled you:D

Doug, nothing nicer than an evening with good friends and a good conversation.

Bill, you reminded me that I too should cut the grass.

:wave: Uschi

A good Sunday to all….will hit 93°F here today with high humidity…chances of thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening………typical Memphis summer. Watched the sun rise this morning with my coffee, marveled at the birds getting about their business, had a nice coffee chat with “I Am”….we both agreed the “leaked” Uk Ambassador email was spot on and quite humorous…

Will watch the match today between USA vs. Netherlands…..should be a good one.

Working out my electrical plan for the carport project….pulling together my list of parts and pieces I’ll need to get. Will purchase them when I go and get my cedar boards…..if the heat doesn’t get too bad….otherwise, I’ll putter about the studio. Most likely a nap will be on the agenda today….only got about 4 hours of sleep last night. Woke up wide awake from a dream that disturbed me and then it was a losing battle trying to get back to sleep….luckily can’t recall the dream at all.

JJ…..Congratulations to Tania ….. my personal philosophy, if there is no bear chasing you, no need to run….and then you only need to run fast enough to remain ahead of one person…..just sayin.

Greetings and best wishes to all for a great day, evening or night…….

Be good, do good…
                        Steve.

Pain and heartaches aren't options in life........misery is a choice.

Uschi

P.S. Sylvia, in response to your gardening woes the other day, DO TRY the garlic powder.

I have not seen the groundhog nor the rabbit and it looks like deer haven’t touched anything either. The fault was mine for relaxing, procrastinating and not sprinkling the garlic early enough. Try it, you have nothing to loose except a couple of dollars for the garlic powder.

Uschi

I folks, just done half an hour in the garden. I had a potted Lavetera “Barnsley” which is not doing so well so I have planted it in the back of the rockery in between the Daisies and pink rose.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Good Morning all,
                            It is 8:45 a.m. here in bright, sunny, and hot Oakwood. May get some rain this afternoon. Cooler temps promised for the coming week. :clap:

I spent the early hours today baking a cherry pie. Kari, Mike, and Casey are coming over for pie and ice cream in celebration of Larry’s birthday and Mike’s upcoming one tomorrow. I put together the pastry and the filling yesterday and tucked them in the fridge. Then this morning I rolled out the pastry, warmed the filling and put the pie together. Baked in the oven and it is now cooling on the table.

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

shipbroker

Claire plane delayed so overnight Heathrow now…here most week then Amsterdam and return,then London a few times and looking for another house to rent for her pension…back in a month.

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

:wave:

Cheers, Lynn
                                www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                                "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Bill

Geoff, I don’t know what this means: looking for another house to rent for her pension. Is she retiring or just moving?
                                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.