Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia 27.9 cents

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

pen & ink w/watercolor sketch on 10-1/2 x 13 inch Strathmore 400 CP

I forgot to put up a price board, so I titled it “27.9 cents.” I had a friend with a chopped ’51 Merc Coupe and this is my rendition. Wish I had that car now…

ColdPress

John, that brings back happy memories! Thanks. … CP

Happy painting! ... CP

laika

“You can trust your car
                To the man who wears the star…”

We probably pay more than 27.9 cents in state and federal taxes on a gallon of gas now :eek:

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                - Otto Rank

Anonymous

Thanks, CP! I enjoyed doing it and am planning on another one or two in a gas station theme. I need to get some figures out there washing windows and checking the oil!

Laika, here, we pay 50.2 cents per gallon federal and state tax for gasoline. Much more for diesel. I can see those four red star guys on the Milton Berle Show singing the Texaco jingle like it was today. I almost made it a Gulf station though — we didn’t have a Texaco station in town when I was growing up ;-)

That’s a beauty! Well done!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                    Find me on Instagram
                    Find me on Facebook

Anonymous

Thank you, Virginia!

Fabulous painting, John, that brings back memories for sure. My father-in-law owned a Texaco station here in Texas and he made a pretty nice living.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Anonymous

Thanks Kay. I worked in a Standard Oil station part time for a few years out in California in the mid ’60s. That was a decent job and I learned a lot about people.

Merriweather

Beautiful painting. Rarely see beaut cars like the one you have painted. Really cheap petrol you have there. I feel quite miffed actually. Our petrol this weekend is $1.61per litres.

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

Anonymous

Merriweather – Thanks for the nice comments.

That 27.9 cents would relate to around 1958 or so. :lol:

Today, regular gasoline here is USD 2.76 per gallon (which has risen approx. USD 0.60 in just the last few weeks.
                                    That’s about USD 0.73 per liter if I didn’t mess up the math.
                                    That would equate to approx. AUD 1.02 per liter.
                                    Not at all a bad reason to be miffed!

Merriweather

Thanks for saying it was circa 1958. I feel better.

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

jonc50

Nice work!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.