Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The CesarV’s epic Burne-Hogarth figure study thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    cesarV

Mod Edit: We have all watched with admiration and interest as Cesar continued to post his studies of Burne-Hogarth anatomy drawings in parts. This thread is a compilation of all those wonderful threads, merged with his permission, and will be a valuable addition to the Figure forum’s resource section. Thank you Cesar! Thank you viewers for your encouragement. [/COLOR]

Back to basics, again. trying HB#2 pencil (fighting off the ink :)) received awesome feedback on this forum, thus started anatomy studies: Loomis and Burne-Hogarth. taking my time to analyze and process/

roy-p

Wonderful… I can’t applaud enough! I’m totally convinced that after you’ve spent some time doing this, and then return to your usual manner of drawing, you’d notice a much deeper grasp of structure and proportion. How solid that last drawing (especially) looks, how very believable those contours around the bridge of the nose and eyes :thumbsup:

P r o s e n [/I]j i t . R o y[/B][/COLOR]

Flickr[FONT=Verdana] | Website | Blog[/COLOR]

lovin art

Its the way to learn , ~that and plenty of practice!

wandathefish

Yes, the 3D structures are the way to go once you get basic proportions down. Good work!

So Much Beauty. So Little Time!

Good studies Cesar, I particularly like the last one. Whilst Burne Hogarth does exaggerate his drawings do emphasize structure and (in general) follow the underlying anatomy.

Nathan.
                    C&C always appreciated.
                    My art on Instagram

carolkay

Yes Hogarth-have the book good studies !

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success
                        cesarV

thank you all for your kind comments and feedback!

cesarV

some more studies from the Burne-Hogarth Dynamic Anatomy book. pencil in manila paper

TinaC

Wow that looks technical. I’ll have to look this fella up. Interesting.

My Blog
                                    Facebook

[/COLOR]

jjackm

a little bit confusing to me. Studying is good and brings its rewards.

wandathefish

Hey, excellent exercize to help 3d the features. Love to see it.

So Much Beauty. So Little Time!

lovin art

Its kinda almost ‘Loomis’ like to me , i agree with Wanda’s obbs this practice will have rewards!!

dgford

Seem to be made of metal, don’t they? I don’t think even the toughest eraser would be able remove one of these lines !!!

Geoff

Success is a Journey
                                                    cesarV

thank you all for the feedback and kind words! It does look like metal or plastic.

Really good studies Cesar. I’m not sure how to use Burne-Hogarth as a tutorial though I notice his words (certainly on facial features) match Jon Vanderpoel whose drawings are more life like (rather than exaggerated) but follow the same principles. Keep going.

Nathan.
                                                        C&C always appreciated.
                                                        My art on Instagram

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.