WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Photography > The Darkroom
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Reply  
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2019, 06:51 AM
Irishwhistler's Avatar
Irishwhistler Irishwhistler is offline
Lord of the Arts
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,621
 
Sunday Morning Steeple

Sunday Morning Steeple ~ A church steeple in Brimfield, Massachusetts is contrasted against an interesting New England sky.

C & C always welcomed

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2019, 08:25 AM
Luv2shoot's Avatar
Luv2shoot Luv2shoot is online now
Moderator
Sterling Heights, Michigan
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 14,055
 
Hails from United States
Re: Sunday Morning Steeple

I AM REALLY ENJOYING YOUR BLACK AND WHITE SERIES, Mike. The beauty here is the beautiful patterns and lines in the clouds in the background. The roof is perfectly horizontal. The contrast is good. The only thing that looks misplaced in this otherwise peaceful looking well-composed image is the one curled branch coming out from behind the lower right side of the steeple. I think that would be easy to clone out. For me it is distracting.
__________________
LUV2SHOOT
"What we do during our working hours determines what we have; what we do during our leisure hours determines what we are. " - George Eastman
"You don't have to understand art, you have to feel it"
Nikon D5100, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Tamron 16-300mm lens, Tamron 90mm Macro lens, Sigma 2.8mm FishEye Lens
Reply With Quote
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2019, 09:08 AM
Irishwhistler's Avatar
Irishwhistler Irishwhistler is offline
Lord of the Arts
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,621
 
Re: Sunday Morning Steeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2shoot
I AM REALLY ENJOYING YOUR BLACK AND WHITE SERIES, Mike. The beauty here is the beautiful patterns and lines in the clouds in the background. The roof is perfectly horizontal. The contrast is good. The only thing that looks misplaced in this otherwise peaceful looking well-composed image is the one curled branch coming out from behind the lower right side of the steeple. I think that would be easy to clone out. For me it is distracting.

Lorell,
I agree on the branch as it bugs me too. I just feel somewhat reluctant to alter the image as shot.

Mike 🇺🇸☘️🇮🇪
Reply With Quote
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2019, 05:11 PM
Rich's Avatar
Rich Rich is online now
A WC! Legend
South Dakota, USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 10,517
 
Hails from United States
Re: Sunday Morning Steeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishwhistler
Lorell,
I agree on the branch as it bugs me too. I just feel somewhat reluctant to alter the image as shot.

Mike 🇺🇸☘️🇮🇪
Black and white is my first love and where I started my darkroom journey. Ansel Adams was my mentor and even he did manipulation of the image but I know the feeling.

Love the sky, good moody presentation!
__________________
My Art Web Site
A short Video of my Art.
“When you can’t find the sunshine, be the sunshine”—Anonymous
Cameras Canon SX160IS, ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2018, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify.
Reply With Quote
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2019, 06:20 PM
Irishwhistler's Avatar
Irishwhistler Irishwhistler is offline
Lord of the Arts
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,621
 
Re: Sunday Morning Steeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Black and white is my first love and where I started my darkroom journey. Ansel Adams was my mentor and even he did manipulation of the image but I know the feeling.

Love the sky, good moody presentation!

Thanks for sharing Rich.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸
Reply With Quote
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2019, 02:01 AM
Humburger's Avatar
Humburger Humburger is offline
Enthusiast
Ohio
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,576
 
Hails from United States
Re: Sunday Morning Steeple

Wow! Beautiful, Mike!
__________________
Ginny
www.virginiacmccoy.com
Reply With Quote
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2019, 05:18 AM
Irishwhistler's Avatar
Irishwhistler Irishwhistler is offline
Lord of the Arts
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,621
 
Re: Sunday Morning Steeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humburger
Wow! Beautiful, Mike!


Thanks to ye most kindly Ginny.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸
Reply With Quote
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2019, 03:53 PM
droll13's Avatar
droll13 droll13 is online now
A WC! Legend
Huntington Beach, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 11,373
 
Hails from United States
Re: Sunday Morning Steeple

Love that sky, great composition - this is a keeper.

I would like to see a bit more value contrast on the steeple; specifically some whiter highlights in a few areas. I think this would add some p;op.
__________________
Dave / The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few ... or the one. [Spock and Kirk; The Wrath of Khan]
...my (perpetually unfinished) website: snilloRs.com
Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300mm, Canon PowerShot SX60HS, PSCS5 +ACR + Nik
Reply With Quote
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2019, 07:42 PM
Irishwhistler's Avatar
Irishwhistler Irishwhistler is offline
Lord of the Arts
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,621
 
Re: Sunday Morning Steeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by droll13
Love that sky, great composition - this is a keeper.

I would like to see a bit more value contrast on the steeple; specifically some whiter highlights in a few areas. I think this would add some p;op.

Thanks Dave. I always appreciate your insight.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸
Reply With Quote
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2019, 08:49 AM
Dreamin's Avatar
Dreamin Dreamin is offline
A WC! Legend
eastern coast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,040
 
Hails from United States
Re: Sunday Morning Steeple

Wow! the stark lines of the silhouetted steeple and the undulating sky is wonderful in contrast!
__________________
Natalie

Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 PM.


© 2014 F+W All rights reserved.