Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 127 -The Amazing Floating Cat!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    BUN201

Thanks for the great images and for hosting!

This looks exactly like my daughter’s (no longer with her) cat “SPAZ” this is my first digital attempt using my new Ipad and Procreate. Actually my second, I did a bluejay last night before this attempt. I went to an art show with an illustrator who does her books using nothing but the I-pad and I got very interested in (finally) putting some effort into learning how to use it. I found some very good YouTube videos…. I love YouTube!

I realized looking at the screen that poor kitty is levetating…..:lol:

Bunny

http://bunnygriffeth.com

BUN201

I grounded kitty and met the challenge making a card around her.

Bunny

ams

Bunny,

Great job for your first digital attempt. Isn’t it FUN?

Anne

Anne
                C & C always welcome.
                https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

Beautiful calico! The ones with the black and orange perfectly divided faces are called chimeras and are rare. I had one I gave to my nephew’s family.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

123harry

Ha! It’s a lovely sketch of the cat but I see what you mean about floating. You’d think the shadow would ground it. I guess the lack of shadow over the rear legs or dark shadow line directly under the paws is responsible for the illusion. It gives the piece a fun quality, very suitable for a greetings card.
                    You have certainly got a good grasp of the medium.

C&C always welcome.
                    Instagram harry.hamill

BUN201

Kay I didn’t know they were rare. Spaz was actually a stray she found on the street and took in. She suited her name too.
                        Harry I just watched a couple of You Tube videos to learn how the program works (very intuitive actually) and then it was just a question of brushes (Procreate has a lot of brushes) and color…just like painting. You can even move the paper around like a piece of paper on the screen and best of all…ZOOM to get details. I love the fact that you can work in layers too, although that’s a little confusing.
                        It just opens up a world of possibilities.

Bunny

ams

Bunny, you just described all of the things I like about working in the digital medium. One other thing that is really handy is the back button (just in case you make a mistake!) :lol:

Anne

Anne
                            C & C always welcome.
                            https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

tyree

very sweet cat !!! tyree :wave:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

Clea

Good one! I really like your colour combination!

An amazing first digi Bunnie – but then, not really, it’s just learning a new medium not art/painting as a whole!:lol:
                                    The cat is a beauty and my sister will love this ….. it’s also nice for those of us already into ‘digis’ to have your company!;)
                                    You’ll soon learn how useful layers can be too – adding backgrounds to try and not having to ‘paint around’ the subject!

Thanks for adding the challenge too :thumbsup:

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

eyepaint

Whee! So good!

-- EP Moderator for:
                                        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Scattykat

…aw thats really lovely, well done :-)

Scatty ....
                                            ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

dupliKate

Oh wow! That is a perfect cat! Expression, fur, body shape and attitude! She may be floating a bit in the first one, but you have grounded her in the second. This is really, really well done!

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
                                                ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
                                                http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

artastic

Excellent answer to the challenge

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                                                    http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.