Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Darkroom Wind Surfer revisited

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I know I have posted this photo here already, both in color and also in black and white. But I recently bought a new photo editing software called LUMINAR 2018 and now I am learning how to use all the filters and tools. I actually paid an extra $15 for a video course. This was a very good investment because for 1) I am not dedicated enough to read a book and try to figure things out, and 2) the instructor is doing an excellent job in his manner of presentation and speed at which he presents the material.

So here is the original file with absolutely NO adjustments.

Then I used LUMINAR to achieve the following. I was able to work on the RAW file to start with the basic adjustments. I was amazed to see that when I booted up the exposure, all this beautiful color was under it. I then add layers of adjustment that included:

1)softening
    2)fog
    3) sunrays

4)vignette and

5) cable lines to & from the sail to the surfer. They were present in the original but were so faint that it was hard to see them. I did the cable lines in AFFINITY, another software that I am using in the place of Photo Shop.

C&C’s are welcomed and appreciated.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

dewarp

Nice work Lorell.

regards – Peter

A miraculous rework.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Rich

Who said you can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear??! WoW! What a difference. I am thinking back to my darkroom days doing dodging and burning. NO WAY! It would waste a lot of photo paper and time and you would never achieve what you have done so perfectly! Love it!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
            Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
            Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

Hey wow, you fellas made my day.
            Thanks so much for looking and sharing.
            LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Irishwhistler

Very nice Lorell. I too have Luminar and like it greatly.

Mike 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

Dreamin

What a great image to work from, Lorell! I like what you did. I just think I would not have brought the brightness up quite so much. Other than that, it’s an amazing rework!!

Natalie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.