Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to What’s On Your Easel……May 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE May 2018…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!!

for a more complete critique post in the main forum.

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

Michaelshane

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
            Bob Dylan.

OziAfricana

Beautiful painting Michael.

Will have another look tomorrow but I think I’m done with this.

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home
                My Blog

Instagram
                StegosaurTees

New to the forum. I love these “What’s On Your Easel” threads every month, really interesting and inspiring to see everyone’s work in progress.

Aside from a few paintings I did last year, one of these should be my first finished painting on a regular sized canvas. Been working on several paintings for many months now, though been working more on these the last few months (when time allows!)

https://stegosaurtees.digikiwimedia.com

Action is eloquence" - Coriolanus

tayete

I continue with my “Doors” serie; the pictures look too saturated and redish, but you get the idea:

Delofasht

Really like the second one there, Tayete.

Here is where I currently am on my oil version of the landscape from imagination that I started a couple months ago.

Kind of in the middle of this step, but after I get done with placing all my values for each area done, I am going to glaze some areas of dark and retouch some highlights to really push things. Light for these photos is a bit bad, but it’s all I can do right now, I need a second lamp to position on the other side to balance the light out (and some diffusers to reduce the glare).

As for what’s on the rest of my easel. . .

I also have a few pieces hanging behind me that are being worked on at the same time as these. It allows me to drop color on anything that I feel needs a bit of work. Many many pieces going all at once is the best way for me to work I find.

- Delo Delofasht
                            OziAfricana

I also have a few pieces hanging behind me that are being worked on at the same time as these. It allows me to drop color on anything that I feel needs a bit of work. Many many pieces going all at once is the best way for me to work I find.

Hmmm… nice approach Delo. Never thought of that. Great paintings you have in the works.

My Blog

Instagram
                                tayete

Yes, seems a nice way to don’t get bored with a unique piece. I usually have 2 at the same time, but I have to try Delofasht approach!

Delofasht

The Owl on my board was dry enough for a few more layers of paint today:

I think it’s time to leave it alone for a month, scrape the impastos off after that and glaze some of the areas then touch details again. Or possibly just sign, mount, and sell it. Decisions, decisions. /shrug. Happy with it, turned out the way I wanted mostly, ready to move on. I really should’ve grabbed an actual reference for the background instead of just making it up.

- Delo Delofasht
                                        Michaelshane

Bob Dylan.

Delofasht

Those are really nice Michael. Reminds me, I have a landscape I had started and hadn’t finished. . . Gotta go find it and finish it.

- Delo Delofasht
                                                OziAfricana

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-May-2018/1101062-image.jpeg[/IMG]

These landscapes are lovely Michael. Peaceful.

My Blog

Instagram
                                                    ronsu18

Delofasht
                                                        the owl is very beautiful!
                                                        had a fleeting thought on the branches to the right, near neck. the only thing that might add to this painting is creating atmospheric depth on those branches crossing the sky blue. a little less contrast, a little more blur but only near the bird.
                                                        i love the light you’ve painted, shaping the body. it’s really ready to sell already.

C&C welcome

Michaelshane

These landscapes are lovely Michael. Peaceful.

Thank you very much.

Bob Dylan.

mtpalms

Beautiful work everyone! I subscribed to this thread, but am not getting email alerts that anyone has posted anything.:confused:

Tayete, I love your doors! I would love to do a series like that, have painted a few, but lack subject matter!

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                                                                "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                                                                But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.