Home Forums Explore Subjects Art Journals Eve’s Illuminations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    evebart

Hello!

I’ve done WDEs a fair bit and poked my head into a few forums, but I’m starting to work seriously (and trying to *commit* to working seriously) on an illustrated/illuminated (hence the thread title) book or books of poetry and short prose and wanted somewhere to share many images related to the project in a single thread.

I’ve bought a 6×9, 240-page Flexi-Sketch sketchbook for the purpose. I expect to use a variety of dry media and markers. Here’s an extremely quick quickie with a 10-color ballpoint pen to start off:

evebart

And, for something with at least a bit more technique involved (albeit not necessarily successfully):

Sonia

A nice idea evebart. I like the hand with the with the heart pendant – the minimal colour works well.

evebart

Thank you!

evebart

Another quickie, but may well try something large and nicer with this theme at some point. I call it Courting the Void.

evebart

Daily sketch!

These are all so good. You’re off to a great start with your sketchbook, trying out ideas and dreams. Do a little every day and it gets much easier.
                            Bravo!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

evebart

Thank you so much! It’s really fun so far… Who knows how long I’ll manage to keep it up?

vhere

It will make an interesting book when you finish :)

evebart

Thanks! ;) inspirations and ideas, not final products, but the art portion of this project has gotten the least work so far, and I find it a bit intimidating, so I’m starting slowly

evebart

Ba-a-ad effort at a Klee-like city (inspired by the WDE)—I think it was okay until I started the burnt orange sky. I still find it interesting. May be something later today too.

I seem to be alternating between sketches with a reference and without. I may make this official.

evebart

Mind Film, I’ll call this one!

evebart

Firebird for today!

evebart

Sketch of the day

Nice work, I particularly like your hand drawing :)

JJ
                                                        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                                                        MY BLOG
                                                        My Youtube videos

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.