WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2020, 05:38 PM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States
Re: Daily Wash Tuesday 21st January 2020

Uschi, There is a study right now on using the vest for bone density treatments. I have not had a test since, but probably will later this year. It is called an Orthofix Sprinalstim. All I know is that in 3 months, the pieces of bone and bone paste became solid. It is a miracle considering I have soft bones. I would rather wear the vest 2 hours a day than take any medications.

Wow, to send a package to the UK weighing less than a pound was $24.00. Outrageous fees.

Have a great evening. Getting ready to go out to dinner.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2020, 07:33 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Hi all,

Had such fun today. NOT. I got most of the dark wash together yesterday, but was too tired to go over to the laundromat, so I did stuff around the house. Today I said I have to go over. Put the bags in the cart. Haul it all down the stairs and down the block to my car. Get it all in, cart in the back seat. Get in the car. The car won't start. Call the tow to jumpstart. Waiting and waiting and waiting. And I was so proud of myself for getting out early so I could finish early.

Well. Now it's after 3pm. I'm freezing. It's 32°F but that doesn't take into account the windchill. She finally comes, connects the gear. Won't start. Now I have to call back the State Farm number and get a tow truck. Because I'm parked in a garage with low headroom this is a problem. I have to park on the upper floors because it's more expensive to pay for first floor parking.

So now I have to wait for the tow truck. I haul my laundry out of the trunk. Put it back in the cart. Wheel it back to my apartment and up the stairs. Back down to the garage to wait for the tow. Now it's nearly 4pm. Guy finally arrives and says you know I can't get the truck in there. I said I'd told them it had a low overhead. We go up to the car. He tries to start it. Says it's the starter motor. I'm flabbergasted because I just had a new one put in I'm thinking maybe a year and a half/two years ago.

So now the car has to be towed. This guy was amazing. Basically he had to push my car out of it's spot (backing it) then roll it forward and down the ramp and around the corner up to the gate. Then back the tow truck up as far as he could. Then roll the car forward while I hit the sensor with my key card then up the incline to the back of the truck. The garage guy did help with that. Then I climbed in the really tall truck, and off we went to my mechanic. They were just starting to close up, but the gate was still open, so the tow driver got the car backed into one of the bays.

So, yeah, I need a new starter. Two and a half years. As Annie would say, "Let the reaming of the wallet begin. Oh, and I walked home. By that time it was 5:35pm. I had started off at 2:15!

Char and Ted I was thinking the same thing as Uschi. Gosh, I hope Ted feels better tomorrow.

I am too tired to reply to everyone, so what ^^^^^ they said.

Later,
Kay
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2020, 07:52 PM
Chesterfield, Derbyshire

Hails from United Kingdom

Good evening all!

The last couple of days have been rather hectic with work, meetings...and falling asleep at the drop of a hat when not working or at meetings! I was going to post last night, but ended up with a bad high pressure headache and spent most of the evening flat with my eyes closed, then some extra meds and an early night.

Yesterday's PPG meeting at the surgery was really good, and a small group of us stayed behind afterwards to try and decide what to put in the next newsletter. As usual I found myself volunteered for writing several articles. Work + meeting completely exhausted me though. Today after work I should have been at the hospital for a meeting, but after yesterday and thinking back to the crash I had before Christmas because I wasn't pacing myself and doing too much, I ended up sending apologies for the meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschi

Aging gracefully?????

I quite agree, Uschi!! I'm determined that I'm going to age disgracefully!! (it worked for my mum )

Marshall, we'll forgive you for using the "f" word (Facebook), just this once!

Marshall and Bill - I think I've found your lost pounds. They somehow managed to make it across the water and attach themselves to my hips!

Lynn - that cardigan is beautiful! With your knitting, your great grandson will be a beautifully dressed baby.

The local birds here love their fat balls. We started early this winter with bought fat balls, or rather fat cakes. Once they'd all gone though, we used the containers they'd come in and the plastic 'hanger' to embed in it, and made our own - a mixture of lard, suet, peanuts, mixed other nuts, wild bird feed and dried mealworm. All the birds seem to love them - the little sparrows, dunnocks, robins, blue-tits, chaffinch, and others, but the bigger birds that you don't usually see on the feeders love it too.

On Saturday morning I spent a good half hour watching them through the dining room window, and the bigger birds that are too big to perch on the little branches of the apple tree to reach the feeders and fat cakes have developed a technique of flying at the fat cakes and trying to grab a beak-full on their way past, or try and chip it on their way past then flying down to get the broken bits off the ground, and some try to hover by it. I'm not sure just how much they actually get, but they keep doing it. I've seen blackbirds, magpies, crows, and collared doves (which we get a lot of locally, and several pairs nest in the gardens around us every year) having a go at it over the last few weeks.

Anyways, my hot chocolate is calling for me, then it's off to bed!

See you tomorrow!

"Living on the edge...trying to not fall off - and painting outside the lines!"

Last edited by BlissC : 01-21-2020 at 07:55 PM.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2020, 08:40 PM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Uschi, not fighting it, I just don't 'do' old talk lol
I don't blame lack of fitness on age, Unless you are or have been ill or injured, use it or lose it. That is true.

Marshall, give up all refined sugar, well, most lol

Doug, your lunch is ready! Come and get it!

Last edited by Lulu : 01-21-2020 at 09:21 PM.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2020, 09:04 PM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Sorry Doug, you weren't quick enough.

Speaking of diets....or more correctly lifestyle change.
Last year my nephew had a quadruple bypass...90% blockage ...at 51 years old.
The surgeon recommended he go on a vegan diet so that is how he and his wife have been eating for the last 6 months. Have never seen them look so good.

I still like meat although it is a very small part of my meal.
And don't get me started about eating less meat to save the planet lol

Packing!

Last edited by Lulu : 01-21-2020 at 09:19 PM.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2020, 09:17 PM
Saint Johns FL

Hails from United States

I love corn on the cob Lulu and that looks delicious. Unfortunately it is not allowed on a keto diet.

it is already down to 40 here and it is only 8:00pm. Going to be a cold night for us and I have to go out about midnight to pick up my youngest from work. Brrrr.

https://marshall-harrison.blogspot.com/
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2020, 09:34 PM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Marshall, regarding your earlier comment, I just saw this on my fb (shock, horror!) feed...

And now i must be O&O
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2020, 04:20 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

It looks delicious Lulu, you know I love it.

We don't eat much at all, but I can't seem to break 200lbs, Ruth doesn't eat vegan meals.

Doug