Home Forums The Town Center Welcome Forum! Greetings from Minnesota, U.S.A.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MuaviTeri

Hello all!
        I’m new here and looking to learn some tips and tricks for my art. I started teaching myself to paint about three years ago now. I started with acrylics, then tried out pastels both soft and hard. I’ve been sketching to get better at my compositions and am now jumping into watercolors. I feel like my favorite medium changes once a year. haha!
        I’m also a big fan of dip pens and dip pen calligraphy. I love writing and receiving letters especially when they’re done with pretty flourishes or fancy inks.
        I bring a sketch book with me daily and enjoy practicing in my free time. It’s been fun teaching myself not only how to work with different materials but also how to enjoy art not because I’m great at it but because creating is a delightful process.
        I’m looking forward to learning even more about stuff from these forums!

Nice to meet you all,
        MT

current Favorite mediums: Watercolor, Dip pens, soft pastels. :cool:

Jon

Welcome to the community.
            It is nice to meet you, too.
            Wander the halls and get acquainted with the various foums awaiting you. We have an active Watercolor Forum you will enjoy.
            Have a good look around the place and let us know if you have any questions.
            FYI
            * You can access any Forum by using the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen or the Channels drop down menu at the upper left
            * Moderators and Guides have links in their Signature lines to address FAQ’s
            * There are “Stickys’’ (permanent threads that “stick” at the top of all thread listings) that are full of helpful information.
            **You can use Google Advanced Search to help you locate topics of interest on WC by simply entering WetCanvas in the blank asking for a domain name
            * You must have two written posts prior to being able to upload an image

Greggo

Sounds like you are doing all the right things!

Welcome to the WC Welcome Forum!

This is the place to introduce yourself and for us to pass on to you some tips.

There are lots of fine folks here, you can meet many of them as you browse about while exploring the full list of the forums. We are looking forward to seeing your art, and getting to know you!

There are all levels of artists, from many lands, working in virtually all mediums. Newcomers to Art are especially welcome. Be sure to visit the Drawing and Color Theory Forums.

Sharing, learning and teaching others is the best way to fan the creative flames.
                The friendly members here will try to help you with any questions you have.

Be sure to review the guidelines for commercial uses,
                Read about the use of images in the Reference Library.
                Links to additional information contained in my signature line below.

(The Abstract & Contemporary Forum is where I am usually found.)

Greggo

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

Hi, it’s nice to meet you.

I too like all sorts of mediums and I love my dip pen! The ink forum is a friendly place, come join us. :)

Enjoy all the forums and Welcome!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.