Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art Challenge Ideas?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    talisman

Hi it’s a New Year so new Challenges.
        I would like to get some input on new challenges, I have tons of ideas but I’m always willing to toss mine aside if someone has a better one.
        So toss out some ideas and we will see what happens.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
        C and C always welcome.
        My DeviantArt Gallery

WoodyWelch

Hi it’s a New Year so new Challenges.
            I would like to get some input on new challenges, I have tons of ideas but I’m always willing to toss mine aside if someone has a better one.
            So toss out some ideas and we will see what happens.

:rolleyes: Let’s see…..your greatest fear realized in art??? Or…portrait of your favorite character in science fiction media…inclusive of ALL media (movies, books, tv) Or…something that you wish could be accomplished but for now is only a premise of science fiction or fantasy.:cool:

That’s three from me.:wave:

vanity

1) “Chase” ie being chased, x chasing y etc

2) Battle of elements

https://www.instagram.com/clay_and_ink/
                https://www.deviantart.com/whitewillows
                Formerly vanity

I was reading through some of the older ones, some from more than a decade.

There was one called “Images of the Apocalypse”, I think that would be interesting.

I think a historical monster would be fun, or using some moment in history.

Or an Aesop Challenge, a fantasty or scifi fable.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

Attalus

Historical monsters? Like Godzilla, or like Genghis Khan? Something out of Paradise Lost? Or the Bhagavad Gita? :confused: Ooh, or maybe the Odyssey?

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

talisman

Thanks for the ideas.
                        Some were ones I already had on my list.
                        Others were new.
                        I want to make it an open forum with lots of interaction.
                        I think our communication on this forum is awesome!

C and C always welcome.
                        My DeviantArt Gallery

vanity

We all will die eventually… And join the ranks of the Undead ;)

The participant has to draw an undead version of a magical creature of choice ( a troll, fairy, mermaid etc)

https://www.instagram.com/clay_and_ink/
                            https://www.deviantart.com/whitewillows
                            Formerly vanity

Historical monsters? Like Godzilla, or like Genghis Khan? Something out of [I]Paradise Lost?[/I] Or the [I]Bhagavad Gita?[/I] :confused: Ooh, or maybe the[I] Odyssey[/I]?

I mean like using a historical moment and inserting a monster, alien or fantasy creature into it.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                            Find me on Instagram
                            Find me on Facebook

Attalus

I mean like using a historical moment and inserting a monster, alien or fantasy creature into it.

Ooh, we went to an exhibition in Dallas about five years back where the artist went around to yard and garage sales and bought hand-painted vanilla landscapes and inserted a monster into the scene. Very impressive, but too expensive for my blood. But I seem to recall the gallery served good wine, for a change. :smug:

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

lol Maybe I should paint monsters into all the paintings sitting in the closet.

Another idea, painting inspired by a dream.

Like the one I had the other night, it was kind of a zombie dream but they weren’t really like zombies, but we had to avoid them, and they hated bubbles, so you could chase them away by blowing bubbles. And you could turn a fire into a teleporter by saying the name of the place you wanted to go three times. I have weird dreams.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                                Every painting is a new adventure.

WoodyWelch

I went to a therapist a few years ago, and for an exercise he said to me, “You’re an artist…why don’t you come up with a piece of art showing your greatest fear?” I did, and brought to him a little acrylic of what I am most uneasy about and he wanted to buy it. I just gave it to him as a present, of which he was delighted. He still charged me for the session. (If the challenge is ever your worst fear, I will gladly redraw and paint a new version of the same concept….until then, it’s a secret. shhhhhh:clear:

WoodyWelch

Michelle’s idea of a painting inspired by a dream that you’ve had is a good one….I have so much vile stuff to chose from on that. :cool:

talisman

I never remember my dreams. :(
                                            I have them…I even talk in my sleep sometimes. When I was a child I was a sleep walker. That’s sort of scary I remember one time waking up in the early dawn light in the yard wet with dew and a Robin getting a worm right by my head. That was the first thing I saw.

One funny one later in life I was in bed asleep and started tapping my Husbands arm,
                                            Him “What?”
                                            Me “Take the Firesticks.”
                                            Him “What Firesticks?”
                                            Me “Here take them!” and I reached over my shoulder and pulled them out one at a time from a quiver I guess, who knows, and handed them to him.
                                            Him “What do I do with them?”
                                            Me…….nothing, not another word. I got rid of the darn things and apparently could sleep well then.

C and C always welcome.
                                            My DeviantArt Gallery

talisman

Michelle’s idea of a painting inspired by a dream that you’ve had is a good one….I have so much vile stuff to chose from on that. :cool:

Yes that sounds like you!:rolleyes:

C and C always welcome.
                                                My DeviantArt Gallery

WoodyWelch

:lol::lol::lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.