Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    b’anna

I’ve been doing art forever and have been doing digital painting for the last 11 years. Earlier this year I wanted to try getting back into traditional painting. I’ve never tried oils before so I figured with water soluble I could try them. These are two of my latest tries in oils. Thanks for looking and all comments and critiques are always welcome!
        Barb

bluefish

beautiful paintings……put your I-Pad away, stick with the brush…..and give acrylics a try…..:thumbsup:

Beautiful!

Christel

Love the dynamism of the flowers in the first – though the comp is a litle unbalanced I think – the flowers want to upset the jug!:)

The lighting in the 2nd is lovely and it’s a nice grouping – just maybe check the shadow on the table/base of vase?

Glad you’re enjoying the ‘real’ stuff again – but I also enjoy digi painting so I don’t say ‘forget it’!!!!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

oldglory

Exquisitely done – Wonderful colors –

Hud

b’anna

Thanks for looking and the comment everyone! Appreciate you stopping by!
                    Barb

Linda Wolff

Lively colors and brushwork!

Linda Wolff
                        Landscape composition tips from Johannes Vloothuis https://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles/Johannes_Vloothuis/120/index.html

b’anna

Thanks Linda!!

catjoe

These are beautiful. I’ve had water-soluble oils sitting in a box for years. Maybe 2018 is the year to break them out.

Kathy
                                I love friends to visit my blog: My Blog: Minding My P's with Q

b’anna

Thanks Kathy! Go ahead and break out those Oils!

I have tried so many different mediums over the years (I love trying new things) . Pastels, dry and oil, wc, colored pencil , acrylics and digital. In everything I have tried in traditional mediums, oils have won my heart. I could never try oils because of solvent issue allergies and never wanted to take a chance. With Water Soluble I have solved that issue. Now I just have to figure them out! But I am learning!

I do admit that Digital will always hold a special place in my heart though.
                                    Barb

Skyenorth

Barb these are really pretty paintings, you certainly can paint flowers so well!

[URL=http://www.simmillarts.co.uk
                                        http://simmill-arts.blogspot.com/
                                        Success is never found. Failure never fatal. Courage is the only thing.
                                        Winston Churchill.

Stunning and spectacular sunflowers! The ws oils are fun to use.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

b’anna

Thanks Sky!! Appreciate the kind words!
                                            Kay, thanks! And I am truly loving the WS oils. Couldn’t do oils before but now I can!!

Barb

joannd

Both are so lovely! Very delicate. Very artistic. Love them. Love the WS oils too. Thank you for sharing these.
                                                JoAnn

He who works with his hands is a laborer.He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist." -St Francis of Assisi

b’anna

Thanks JoAnn! I am learning and I’m loving it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.