Home Forums Explore Subjects Abstract and Contemporary Art Scaled Up and Still Pink

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Bilateral

Acrylics on unprimed canvas, 40″x 60″
        Decided to take the test piece “In the Pink” to full scale (original thread buried).
        It was painted intending the darker viridian green to be at the top. But, after many rotations perhaps one of these two configurations would be better?
        The white splats were done with a 20″ length of half-inch diameter soft woven nylon rope. It differs from the cotton and hemp I’ve been using in that it holds a lot more paint and is very flexible. Whacking the canvas sends huge globs of paint flying everywhere, even on the back swing, for a 360 degree mess. Despite that, the marks are intriguing. Not sure if it is done.
        C&C are both invited and appreciated.
        Thanks for viewing!

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]“Do not fear mistakes - there are none.” Miles David

JCmccool

For me personally, I love the second configuration. The colors are great and thinking about how I’d display it in my own home, I’d display it horizontally. 🙂

My paintings on my Instagram: www.instagram.com/jcarti12

My website:http://www.jcarti.com

It can hang either way and be just as impressive. I love the colors; a very cool piece, Bilateral!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Artchrispy

Great color. Not sure why but to me it has a very beachy vibe. I like the portrait orientation more. The horizontal one seems more static to me.

Christophervasil.com

Boafamily

Nice energy.

Katie Black

Nice. I like it horizontal best.

“hacking the canvas sends huge globs of paint flying everywhere, even on the back swing”

I would love to watch this process :lol: Do you wear goggles.

Katie Black Fine Art

"Life is far too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde

Trier

What a happy piece – I’m with Artchrispy on this one.

Keep flagellating!

Regards,
                            Trier

Greggo

Ohy I wish you had a camera going while you paint! Betcha it would be a Yootub hit,
                                I love the colors and the energy.
                                I would rotate it monthly just for fun!

great painting

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

cmallav

Happy colors and I like the splatter! I like it hung both ways :-)

Bilateral

Thanks for comments JC, Kay and Artchrispy. It was an enjoyable piece to work on. I understand the beachy feel. Sort of a sand and surf palette.

Bilateral

Many thanks Boa and Trier. Good energy and happiness are nice qualities for sure :)

Bilateral

Good question Katie. No I wasn’t wearing goggles and never have. That said, I actually was shocked when the first whack hit the canvas. I’ve never had paint fly like that.:lol: It was wild.

Bilateral

Thanks Greggo and Chaya. I do believe I’m convinced to wire it so it can be rotated regularly. Voting of our forum seems roughly 50:50 and I still can’t make up my mind.

Oh Greggo, I don’t think anyone needs to see that act on YouTube.:lol: :lol: I’m still laughing thinking about it, even while cleaning up paint that flew out of the room and halfway down the hall.

laf.art

As has been said a beachy and therefore fun vibe, I lhink it can be shown both ways – good idea with the wiring – yep youtube it :)

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
                                                        Instagram laf.abstracts

Bilateral

Thanks very much laf. I learn more with each experimental swat :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.