WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 10:04 AM
A WC! Legend
Island Grove, Just north of Toronto, Ontario Canada

Hails from Canada
Re: *** Daily Wash Monday 16th April 2012 ***

Good Day Washers ! We are warm and cloudy here in the Grove but only recieved only a few drops of rain over the weekend. Dan needed to water the garlic and strawberry plants as they were not looking too perky. We have never had to water in April before but we have received very little rain since the snow melted.

Darla and your family for the tough times that have descended on your loved ones all at once.. Wishing you strength.

I slept a lot yesterday and the day before and I am feeling stronger today. Dan has headed to Newmarket for a couple of hours so Pearl is keeping her eye on me.

I am still having trouble sitting which they say may continue for a couple of months so I will to all and say what Char said.

BBL

Cheers,

Gail
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Hails from South Africa

Thanks for the hugs all, they are much appreciated and much needed today.

Syl, so sorry to hear about your horrid eye infection - really hope that clears up soon - they can be so uncomfortable.

Gail - good girl sleeping when you need to - best way to get healed. Hope you are soon making speedy progress.

Bill - not giggling at your PJs. Mine are so comfy I often have to make myself get out of them My rule is by morning tea (1030ish) I have to be in clothes It's very hard in this cold weather though.

Hello Lynn M and Philippe

Ellen - your weather sounds horrid! Keep warm!

Char - No O in O's hotel room - that's pretty funny!

Tommy - good luck with the blood tests. I also have high BP but it is well controlled by my meds.

Gotta head off now and make supper - mushroom, spinach and lentil lasagne with feta and a yummy olive and tomato sauce - my favorite kind of comfort food! See you all tomorrow.

Painting is silent poetry & poetry is painting with the gift of speech
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Immortalized
Just south of Sacramento

Hails from United States

Hi, we were in San Francisco all weekend met up with our son and grandson. Some of the guys including the 3 year old grandson, went to watch the Giants lose at baseball, but the biggest hit for him was watching the sea lions at Pier 39. All together a great weekend.
The same set are will be with us till thursday.

Oh and yes my birthday is 13 January

The Artist Formerly Known as Jlyn
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 12:33 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Hi there... my first group has come and gone... I think I love Mondays especially because of my Home-schoolers... anyway, Ted and I've had a nice bowl of soup for our lunch and now I'm awaiting my second group of the day... These Students have all become friends and now they'e painting together on the odd day here and there... I think that's SO nice!

The traffic has thinned, so the highway must have opened up finally... they were backed up and at a standstill in front of our home! We're fully 5 or 6 kilometres between major crossroads...

It has gotten windier and cooler... I suspect this is the tail end of those terrible storms south of us... I think there were 60 tornadoes in that Midwest corridor yesterday...

((Darla)) All that stress is weakening your immune system... Wish I could give you a big hug in person...

Philippe and Lynn...

We had a beautiful all day rain, Gail, but I think it was tracking due east... more rain is on the way, so I'll try to send it up to you...

Oh, Gill... your dinner sounds positively delicious! Would you kindly post your recipe? It has Greek undertones and it's vegetarian!

Ok... I need to get set up for this afternoon... as much as I try to keep everyone on the "same page", they're not...

I've been thinking of our Lyn and Ona... hoping both are doing well... along with everyone else, of course!

We x-posted Judy... my Husband's birthday is January 12th, but he celebrates it on July 12th... because... most of the time we're snowed in or it's icey or just nasty in January... in July, we have a big picnic in the back yard and swim in the lake...

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies

Last edited by CharM : 04-16-2012 at 12:35 PM.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 12:58 PM
A Local Legend
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

I must have sensed you thinking of me Char because I thought... oh I'd better pop in and say hi to everyone. I had a tough week last week so apologies for not popping to to say hi before.

I've just been to see a local gallery here in Richmond Hill that contacted me to talk about selling my limited edition prints and possibly to have an exhibition of some originals there in the summer. We will see. I need to get a little more done for our watercolour society juried show coming up next month this afternoon and maybe a bit more painting.

Hugs to those that need them especially Darla.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Resting in Peace
Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee

Hails from United States

What Ona said about popping in applies to me, too. Trying not to get too down.

We're expecting thunderstorms again today -- hopefully, not too strong. Unbelievable numbers of tornadoes over the weekend in the middle of the US.

Warning! Grandma brag. Photo by Megan Van Son, a fellow equestrian.

Alex, 15, and Dakota, a American Bashkir Curlie. This jump of 3.5 feet is a record for Alex and Dakota together.

Besides loving riding, Alex is an honor roll student, sings in the church youth choir, the High School ensemble group, and enjoys writing. She is the youngest grandchild, as the other 3 are 27 and 25!

Take care.

Lyn
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 01:59 PM
A Local Legend
Scotland, UK

Hails from United Kingdom

Hi to all

It has been a beautiful sunny day here, but hailstones forecast tomorrow

I will be editing a couple of older paintings tonight, when I look back a then I see room for improvement, but it can be tricky 'tis easy to ruin them!

Chilli beef and rice tonight..yum yum

Lyn, your Grandchild is a brave girl, I cannot see me doing that

Henry

Last edited by Flattwo : 04-16-2012 at 02:04 PM.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Enthusiast
Tacoma Washington

Hails from United States

almost 11am here in the great northwet..and it's raining..but 55F so it's quite mild out, so I'll wear Tshirt and shorts today!

Got Annie off to school with her back feeling pretty good, so I feel pretty good about that! Went and fetched Scuppers back from the puppy hotel (and at hotel prices too! ), and have gotten several of the chores and errands out of the way already! I have earned a cuppa and a few moments of WC time!

Here are a few more photos:

I think this tree is called Angel's Trumpet, whatever it's called it's gorgeous!!

Here's my sweetie (before her back went out) standing next to some sort of palm I think...but it's blooms look like huge Bird of Paradise blooms...with a color shift however! magnificent blossoms!!

There were SO many birds of paradise plants all over Seaport Village, so I managed to get more than a few reference photos to hopefully paint from later!

So much has been said that I'm sure I'd miss more than a few, so I'll say what Char said and hope that catches most!
However I did want to mention for Kay...I met a lady in San Diego who suffers from migraines most severe...she has been getting BOTOX treatments and says they are the most amazing cure for her problem!! Who knew?? Wrinkles cause migraines???

Darla, sending big your way, and Jen's too...so much stress seems to come at once, I hope you get good news from your Dad's biopsy! However it comes out, know we care and are here for you!!

More chores are beckoning and I still have a few errands to accomplish before Anne gets home from school...so I'd better be off and back on task! Have to finish unpacking too!!

Make the day superb!!
hap
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:35 PM
A Local Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom

Evening all

Good day with visitors..splendid meal and good natter...stayed dry so we sat in conservatory........rain forecast tomorrow so probably no golf,again.

geoff
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Resting in Peace
Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee

Hails from United States

Quote:
Lyn, your Grandchild is a brave girl, I cannot see me doing that

Henry, thanks! I can't imagine doing that either! She's in love with that horse, and would like to buy it -- however, she does have an exclusive lease on it. It had not been jumped in several years; she has spent almost a year re-schooling it, etc.

Hap, glad Annie is recovering from the vacation.

Lyn
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 07:24 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Hi!

I came home an hour ago, thanks to rush hour traffic it took us over two hours to get back home.

I am beat

Got up at 3:30 a.m. DIL and I left the house at 5:00 a.m. arrived at the Metro Toronto Convention Center at 6:15 a.m. and joined the already long line up Doors opened at 7:00 a.m., show was to start at 8:00 but didn't until 9:00 and didn't finish until close to 4:00 p.m. WITHOUT a break and we were not allowed to bring in any food or drink, nor was there any food or drink to be bought, that's 8 hours without food or drink

First we heard Deepak Chopra speak, then Iyanla Vanzant, then Bishop T.D. Jakes, then Tony Robbins - all very motivational and insightful. Last was the actual Life Class with Oprah and the above mentioned four.

They all were very good!!!! Originally there was to be one show starting at 4:00 p.m. but they had such an onslought of ticket buyers that they scheduled a second (morning) show on the same day, that is the one DIL and I attended.

The evening show will be televised today, the morning show next Monday.

8.500 people in each show - sold out. 99.9% women

Some of the afternoon participants lined up at 9:30 a.m. and were nowhere near the beginning of the line, they were not allowed in until almost 4:00 p.m.

I'll have to watch the news to see the long, long, line.

Weather, bright sunshine then almost rain then bright sunshine and on our way home the wind came up and really pushed our little Toyota sideways on the highway. Sun is still shining and the wind strong, thank God it is a South wind.

We were to have rain on Saturday, Sunday and again today and received NOTHING. We NEED rain.

Hap, Angels Trumpet or Datura GORGEOUS!!! Anne looks good, how is her hair coming along???

(((((((((((Lyn)))))))) Alex looks wonderful on her horse!!!

((((((((Ona))))))))))

(((((((((Darla)))))))))) and sending best wishes for your dad and Jen!!!

Char, we are getting the wind too but not a drop of rain.

(((((((((Gill)))))))))

Gail, sounds like "Every day, in every way, you are getting better and better"

Ellen, painting looks really good, naturally I prefer watercolour

Sylvia, I hope your eyes heal very quickly and that it is nothing serious!!

Sorry, I can't address everyone personally, need to rest.

Uschi

Last edited by Uschi : 04-16-2012 at 07:34 PM.
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 09:46 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjav
Good afternoon all,
I am now joining all you friends with health issues. I had my BP checked and it was too high, so tomorrow I'll start medication, and have some blood samples drawn etc. Not nice...
@JJ - no, I don't play the piano, but wish I could!
Tommy
(((((Tommy))))) I have hypertension because of my pain levels. I am allergic to the drugs they have, so my Dr found an old one for me. Moduretic. It works like a treat, and absolutely no side effects. Good luck with yours.

Char. Poor Caryl. Good luck with your appointment.

Sylvia, hope your eyes clear quick. A friend gets that from time to time, and has been told to regularly wipe his eyes with Lid-Care wipes. He used to do it morning and night.

((((Darla))) Hope the journey isn't too bad for your parents. I hope your bug amounts to nothing. Please take some me time. Do something for you, go to dinner at your favourite restaurant, go to a romantic movie.

(((Gail))) Glad you are feeling a bit stronger. I wish I could take away your pain girl. It is needed though, so you don't overdo it, and undo the good the surgeon did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyL

Oh and yes my birthday is 13 January
Well you got two birthdays this year.

Ona and Lyn.
Ona, I am pleased to see you are still painting..

Lyn, you have every right to be proud of Alex! Love the photo.

Hap, you are right, The first photo is Angels Trumpet. It is deadly poisonous.
That second photo, I saw those plants at Laguna with MaryLou. They are Strelitzia Nicolai. The third photo sure shows some beautifully healthy Strelitzia Reginae. I am loving your photos! More please. (Anne looks great)

Wow Uschi, 8 hours oh no food or drink. I am shocked, they should have allowed water at least. That is appalling. Did you enjoy the show for all that? How long did Oprah speak?

all

Blog
~ Location Sketches ~
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2012, 10:01 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by laudesan
Hap, you are right, The first photo is Angels Trumpet. It is deadly poisonous.

JJ, It's the seed (looks like a green golf ball) that is hallucinogenic, not poisonous.

Of to bed, see you in the morning!
Uschi

#29   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:30 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

They are banned here.. Most parts of the plant contain atropine, scopolamine, and hyoscyamine.

I remember seeing them in the garden of the next door neighbour to a woman I used to house clean for. Absolutely magnificent flowers, and heavenly perfume.

Blog
~ Location Sketches ~