Home Forums Explore Media Decorative Arts, Murals, and Faux another still life mural

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Ruth Cox

This is still a work-in-progress. I’ll post final images by the weekend. This is in a breakfast nook, next to a window. There’s not room for a piece of furniture like this, so this way they can have it all. No dusting, either! :D

Light switch will be a recipe box…

Ruth

Comments, critiques, and questions welcome, and thanks for looking!

zynnya

Wow – I like it, now I’ll have to take a look at your previous posts.

It's funny that how I feel about someone/something shows up in my paintings, when all I did was paint what I saw.

gnu

WOW..I wonder how many people passing have bumped into this!! :D :D ao real and 3D…:clap: :clap: :clap: :cat:

katz

Really excellant. It looks really life like. Great colors also.
                    Katz

Ruth i think each piece is better then the next…

My Web Site:
                    [/URL]
                    My Workshops

All my work is copyrighted and may not be downloaded, copied or reproduced without written permission from me.

If any man can convince me and bring home to me that I do not think or act aright, gladly will I change; for I search after truth, by which man never yet was harmed. But he is harmed who abideth on still in his deception and ignorance. - Marcus Aurelius
                    Ruth Cox

Thanks for your comments, y’all! :D
                        Here are final pics:

This is the electrical outlet:

This is the light switch: :D

Ruth

CathyD

Ruth, your work is simply amazing. I have a question for you… when you do a mural that is only on part of the wall, do you just put the polyacrylic finish only on the paintined part? For instance, do you follow the outline of the painting closely? That’s what I am assuming you have done, but thought “heck, I might as well ask!”

Cathy

ebay ID: pure_art
                            Visit my auctions!

Ruth Cox

Cathy, thanks for asking. Yes, that’s what I do mostly. If there are lots of little things all over a wall, though, I would coat the entire wall rather than try to coat each thing individually.

Arlene, thank you, but I haven’t done the next one yet… ;) :evil:

Ruth

crazy_cat

Ruth this is stunning! I plan to visit SC and check out your work at Myrtle Beach. Not that far from me!

This is my type of furniture. Maybe you can do my entire house this way? Would save my furniture from my cat! Seriously your work is beautiful and the detail is amazing!!!:clap: :clap: :cat:

~WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above, as apparently my cat has learned how to type~
                                    :cat:

As always ! :angel:

Yeah I might be a little bit loco
                                    But it keeps me from losin’ my mind
                                    (David Lee Murphy)

:wave:

http://www.knology.net/~beccasloft/

That is stunning Ruth!
                                    You do some amazing work.
                                    Do you use acrylics for these? FI so what kind??
                                    Love the way you did the light swith and the outlet. If you did not know they were there you’d have a hard time finding them.

Twyla

Visit my online gallery

All my work is copyrighted and may not be copied or reproduced in any form without written permission from me.

Elegant Equines photo Reference CD NOW available:
                                    www.kodiaknet.com/ironhorse/photocd1.html

Laura Morena

Very cool!
                                        I should have had you paint my new couch and love seat….it would have saved me a lot of $$$ and I would have had a laugh each time someone tried to sit down!:clap:

"Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have."

madmum

WOW! This looks so much work, how long did it take? Every little bit looks so real! :clap:

Ruth

[FONT=Georgia]When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it. (Bernard Bailey)

My RedBubble*~*~*~*~*My Photos*~*~*~*~*My work on Etsy *~*~*~*~*MY WEBSITE! (Please sign the guestbook.)

blondheim12

Ruth,
                                                This is wonderful, as always. Muraling is definitely your thing!!! A great was to make a living too.
                                                Love,
                                                Linda

Linda Blondheim Art
                                                http://www.lindablondheim.com
                                                Blondheim Art and Stories
                                                http://www.blondheimartandstories.com

Hey, that’s really cool!! I keep thinking I’d like to do something like that here, but I’m in an apartment so I’d have to leave it when I move again.

Hmm… maybe I could put one on flat canvas and just hang it up…..

Thanks for sharing! :D

Teresa

My web site
                                                My Art Studio Blog
                                                I paint what I want to. If other people like it, that's a bonus. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.