WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-21-2003, 02:13 AM
Veteran Member
los angeles

Hails from United States

This is #8, watercolor pencil, colored pencil, reg pencil...14x17.Think I am getting the hang of it?
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-21-2003, 02:35 AM
Bellingham, Wa

Hails from United States
From this picture I gather you like things that are striking! I looked at your website and WOW!! You really have done alot of work!
Please continue with your work and practice as much as you have time for-You will be great one day i know it!

Maybe doing the Gridding of your reference pictures would help you with dimentions like eyes and stuff.

Norsky
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-21-2003, 02:51 PM
Veteran Member
los angeles

Hails from United States
Smile Thanx!!!

Yep... I started painting in the spring of 2002, only did acrylics untill about a month/3 weeks ago...when i started using colored pencils amongst other things...I am not trained so i have to practice and post and learn from all of you awesome artists! I hope to be good one day ... I get what you are saying in your statement about using a grid, and do value your opinion..I am aware that my eyes/lips are larger than a real persons..I plan them that way... don't know why but maybe its like looking at life through rose colored glasses take the good and inflate it, take the bad and minimize it... who knows i might just be a little wacky ...
Thank you for taking the time to check out my website!! very cool of you!
Sarah
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-21-2003, 03:36 PM
Bellingham, Wa

Hails from United States
Your welcome! I just saw your picture! You are beautiful!

Norsky
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-21-2003, 03:37 PM
Immortalized
Parker, CO

Hails from United States
Sarah - I think your eyes and lips are definitely your style, I think it's unique and VERY interesting. I too went to your web-site and checked out your stuff. Very vibrant colors and interesting stuff you have on there. I really like your style

All works are copyrighted and may not be copied, reproduced, or downloaded without my written consent.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-24-2003, 07:49 PM
Lord of the Arts
Cambridgeshire

Hails from United Kingdom
Once again Sarah you have managed to create a very striking and vibrant piece.

I love the hair colour(again!! I am glad you have incorporated it into another picture ). I like BT think the way you see stuff and draw it is your style! If you are not aiming for perfect reality, then what you do is great!! It puts your personal stamp on your work.

My only little niggle with this piece would be that I wish you had used a few more layers in the lips. The colour you have chosen is glorious but it would have looked even richer had you chosen to underpaint it, just a suggestion for next time

Warm Regards,

JAZZ