Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Saturday 20th July 2019 *** Moon Day

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Good morning all :wave:

After yesterday’s deluge it is now overcast but dry. Forecast is clearing weather.

No special plans for today.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

Good evenings Doug. And all to follow.

Isn’t it Saturday?

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

Oops! Yes it is. Thanks Annie.

Doug

Lulu

Evening all….I think it might be Saturday….

One small step for man one giant leap for mankind…
            50 years ago today.
            Who can forget…
            What were y’all doing then?
            Only Annie might be too young to remember :p

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Hi Lulu, we were glued to the TV watching the pictures from the surface of the Moon. We dragged the kids (3 and 4) out of bed to witness the “first step” but they didn’t appreciate it :)

Doug

Lulu

I was in hospital, total bedrest, but I heard it on radio, then in the evening my bed and I were wheeled to the TV room to watch it all on the black and white TV!!
                The film that was sent around the world, was filmed in Australia by a Kiwi I think, flown by plane to NZ to catch our 7 PM news!:lol:

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Good Morning all,
                It is 5:15 a.m. here in dark and sleepy Oakwood. Another dangerously hot day in store for us. Fans and AC release the discomfort for us, although I just saw on the news that some places in the area suffered a breakdown in their electric service during the night. :crossfingers: it won’t happen to our little city.

This is the big day of the moon landing. We’ve been hearing and seeing about it all week. Neil Armstrong was from a suburb of Dayton so they are proudly proclaiming him as a “hometown boy”. :D It always amazes me how quickly things progressed from the Wright Brothers first flight to landing on the moon. (They were from Dayton too ;) )

I’m going through my slides looking for things to use as references for painting again and came across this one of Larry and me. We were going to a Fasching party at Ramstein AFB, Germany, around 1978. :D

Char, The roof of your garage looks like a new one after that scrubbing. The couple you hired to clean in know what they are doing. :D Loved your posterized portrait of you and Ted too.

Ellen, So sorry about your beloved pet. It is a sad thing to lose your little fur kid.

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

Lulu

What a fun couple Sylvia!

I should have said ‘tracked’ and filmed the moon landing from Australia.
                    See here[/URL]
                    Fascinating.
                    And how technology has changed in the intervening years!
                    I remember years ago, John’s mum asking, ‘what is this thing called the world wide web?”:lol:

Dayton must be the place to live Sylvia!

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

shipbroker

Oh…is it Moon Day….must have missed it!

Cloudy,squally and periods of heavy rain here.

JJ. Christine is my ‘honorary’ sister,along with her sister Angela…known each other for 65 years or more,they had a family gunsmiths and fishing tackle business…when Dad died a couple of us used to help in the shop and I would do the driving for their Mother (101 today)…Christine was married to the late Dr.John, who was nearest I ever had as a brother. Home is about 4 miles from us so see lots of her.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Good evening all. :) :wave:

Here is my cute little scrub turkey.

[antv]_Bv5UlnZQH0[/antv]
                        The Australian brushturkey or Australian brush-turkey or gweela, also frequently called the scrub turkey or bush turkey, is a common, widespread species of mound-building bird from the family Megapodiidae found in eastern Australia from Far North Queensland to Eurobodalla on the south coast of New South Wales.

Geoff, you are lucky to have such a wonderful friend in Christine. I remember you talking about Dr John.

Fun photo Sylvia.

I do not remember where I was or how old I was when the moon landing happened. Are you sure it really happened?

I am watching Forrest Gump, I so love this movie.

JJ
                        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                        MY BLOG
                        My Youtube videos

Sylvia, when I visited Ohio 9 my brother died in Dayton Hospital) I visited the Neil Armstrong Space Museum at Wapokoneta, a small town north of Dayton.

Doug

Uschi

Good Morning!!

It’s sunny and going to feel like 45C, that is around 110 F, unbelievable humidity. By tonight the worst will be over. I haven’t had the window open in days, I am craving some fresh air in the house.

We had a really nice family dinner at son’s house yesterday evening.

I’ll do the laundry today and that’s it, not going back to the wall washing and painting until I can open the window.

Ellen, WOW about the painting for the wedding yesterday, so what were you painting????

Darla, CONGRATULATIONS to your Gold Award, you are one very dedicated worker and I am so glad that the company appreciates you!!!!!!

Doug, tell Ruth I am very excited about her adventure:clap:
                            June:grouphug:

Betty, yes, the deer are very particular about what they munch:rolleyes:

Moon Landing, my family was in our beetle on the way to a camp site in Trenten at lake Ontario, we were listening to it in the car.

The speed at which technology has taken off is unbelievable and phenomenal.

Sylvia, who is the gorgeous woman in the photo???? That is such a fabulous photo of you!!!

JJ, nice video of your turkey, I can’t get quite as enthused about it as you do:evil:

Lulu, nice account of the event.

Hi Geoff and Annie!!

:wave: Uschi

Good Morning Gang… we’re melting here in the SW of Ontario. The humidity is stifling. And, of course, like much of North America, we’re under a Heat Alert. The sun remains behind heavy cloud cover, but that hasn’t helped relieve the heat. We are thankful for our air conditioning and :crossfingers: that the grid continues to remain stable and strong.

I went down for a nice swim in the lake. The catwalk to our dock is still under water at the shore of our slope making it tricky to walk on. Mind over matter, really.

Uschi, there’s no screaming. The water’s warm. There’s nowhere to touch bottom, though, as the water table is that high. The beach on the other side of the lake is completely gone. And the little island is shrunk to not much of anything! A lot of the shoreline trees are under water at the base of their trunks. I hope this does not drown them.

We decided to go out for dinner last night and chose our favourite little Chinese restaurant. We brought most of the food home as neither of us had much appetite. It reheats well.

McKenzie’s coming out for breakfast this morning. Brittany is working today. I’ll make mini quiches.

As with every weekend, there’s laundry to do and trash to take to the transfer station. Two weeks ago, Ted absconded with a little power washer that had been tossed out. We aren’t allowed to touch these things much less bring them home, but he did ask the Manager if he could have it. Anyway, he took it apart, fixed it and has given it to McKenzie to use. We are a throw away Society.

Moon Landing… :lol: :p: It’s all fake, right? :lol: :p:

Ellen, did you take a photo of the wedding painting? No pressure, eh?

Lulu, you’re right about making sure of our research. Sometimes, we just want things to be as reported. :)

Hiya Doug and Annie.

Geoff, chosen family is every bit as important as our biological siblings. Maybe more.

Sylvia, what a fantastic photo!

Hi JJ… cute little video.

:wave: All yet to come. I’m going to get myself a second cup of coffee and then make my quiches. Have a great day everyone… stay cool, hydrated and well. :grouphug:

Uschi, we x-posted. Good plan to wait until it cools down before working on your walls. :heart:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Uschi

Char, the people opposite the lake must have started worrying about the water getting so high and I am not surprised about the water temperature, if we carry on like that it will start to boil soon:D

Chinese food must be a bit of a painful experience for Ted because I know which parts of it he’d really like and can’t have:evil:

Uschi

Uschi

Talking about food I had an interesting observation about potatoes.

I take my daily calcium and magnesium and have a banana for potassium. Everything was nicely balanced, no leg cramps.

Out of the blue I started having leg cramps at night – what have I done that changed????

Realized that I have been eating more rice and whole wheat pasta and haven’t had any potatoes. Research – potato has even more potassium than the banana and by me not eating any lately it threw my potassium level off and caused the leg cramps. Ate a potato for dinner, no leg cramps.

Uschi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.