Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Colored Pencil Color Charts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    HarvestMoon

I have been attempting to organize, and put together charts of my colored pencils. These are all dry ones (except the Caran D’Ache metallics). I still cannot find some of my old ones like my better Bruynzeel’s and the Van Goughs….

Hope this is useful for you! The paper is Canson – Field Drawing book…

These are Bruynzeel Eurocolors- and had no names or numbers on them.
        The Netherlands

Caran D’Ache Luminance 6901 (lightfast)
        Swiss

Caran D’Ache Classicolor – Metallic (watersoluable)
        Swiss

Caran D’Ache Pablos (120 colors)
        Swiss

Derwent Artists (120 colors)
        United Kingdom

Derwent Coloursoft (72 Colors)
        United Kingdom

Derwent Signature (Lightfast)
        United Kingdom

More Coming….

Harvest Moon 🐐

HarvestMoon

Derwent Studio (72 Colors)
            United Kingdom

Faber-Castell Polychromos (120 colors)
            Germany

Koh-I-Noor Tricolor Grand Drawing Pencils (10.5 mm) (24 colors)
            Czech Republic

Koh-I-Noor Polycolor (36 colors)
            Czech Republic

Lyra Rembrant Polycolor (72 colors)
            Germany (now owned by an Italian company)

More coming…

Harvest Moon 🐐

HarvestMoon

Prismacolor (132 colors and many discontinued ones)
                U.S.A.

Prismacolor Premier Lightfast (48 colors)

That’s it I think for now unless I find my others….please feel free to add to the thread with those I don’t have….

Harvest Moon 🐐

thermanj

Well, this is all right for now, but if you ever get serious about this, you will need to buy some more pencils. :wink2:

Just kidding of course.:wave:

Therman

gealflings

Holy crapnoodles you have a lot of pencils, woman!!

~Sarah

I have heard the languages of the apocalypse, and now I shall embrace the silence.
                        Debby

Now that you’ve made your color charts, what are you going to do? :lol:

Debby
                            Guide - Fiber Art Forum

ocmd123

How about something like this[/URL]? :wink2:

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
                                Instagram

Save

HarvestMoon

Well, I thought people here might find these helpful in deciding what set to buy or what color could be substituted for another, but I seem to be wrong. It was probably a stupid idea to post these. Sorry.

Harvest Moon 🐐

Debby

No, it’s not stupid. It’s very helpful. I was just wondering because you spent all that time making the charts, what you were going to do next. I’m sorry if you were upset by my response.

Debby
                                        Guide - Fiber Art Forum

ocmd123

It’s not stupid. The thought of all those pencils just boggles my mind. My personal preference is to have far fewer pencils, because I’m lousy at decision-making! I would spend so much time deciding what pencils to use, and get nothing done. A personal weakness. If I had all of those pencils, I would definitely need those charts!

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
                                            Instagram

Save

oh Linda, I’m sooo glad you have done this….it would be a good sticky reference…….I’m just starting with cp and this is a great resoursce. :thumbsup:

Robin
                                            The mediator between head and hands must
                                            be the heart. Harbou - Metropolis
                                            http://virtualparsnip.blogspot.com/

gealflings

No no no, not stupid!! I only use prismas, but I was scrolling through this saying “holy crapnoodles she has a lot of pencils” in utter awe, so I got to the bottom and posted that… If I offended, I apologize.. I can see that this would be extraordinarily helpful to someone who, like you, has a lot of different brands, you lucky ducks!!

~Sarah

I have heard the languages of the apocalypse, and now I shall embrace the silence.
                                                thermanj

I apologize if my joking offended you….I was amazed at your dedication to your project…I think the information is very valuable and sure to be useful to many.

Therman

I think this is very useful! Thanks!
                                                    I like to do these when I get a new set of pencils in one of my sketchbooks. What I would love to see you do is compare them. Tell us how you like them, what you like and don;t like about them. That sort of stuff.

Peanut Butter

This is GREAT!! I love some of those discontinued Prisma colors! I have smaller sets of some of these brands and it’s cool to see what the colors I don’t have look like. Makes me want to run to the store! My Christmas list is going to be L-O-N-G this year!!

Anyway, thanks for posting this. It is very helpful to see what colors from different brands could be substituted for each other!!! Plus, what a yummy way to drool over all those fabulous colors!

Laura
                                                        [FONT=Book Antiqua]I am here to learn - C&C is welcome and appreciated!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.