• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by ~JMW~.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Sonia

Another of my painted background efforts. This didn’t quite go to plan as the background was a bit over-powering. Some of the various stages it went through are explained on my blog.

Inks, gesso stamp, gold acrylic splatter (detail)

Image painted with Golden Open white acrylic, fluid acrylic, watercolour pencil

Cyndi L

Beautiful! You say it didn’t go as planned, but were you planning to add the flowers, or didn’t you have anything specific in mind? I ask, because it’s perfect!

Sonia

Cyndi, the flower arrangement was planned, but the background was too dominant for the original colours I intended to use. I really like some of the loosely painted background papers I use, but then I get too rigid when adding the subject. Perseverance is the name of the game!

Cyndi L

Ahhh…well, I love the way you adjusted and the colors you chose!

Such a beautiful patterned background with the added stamping, etc., so very feminine.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

ladypainter

I love Clematis. :) This is beautiful work.

Elinor:wave:
                        "keep your own time tickin"

Sonia

Cyndi, Kay and Elinor – I really appreciate your comments.

CarlyHardy

I’ve always loved clematis! One of the few flowers I can grow…lol! This really works with the flower shapes against the abstraction of the background and love the way the leafy shapes are more transparent.

Sonia
                                    Eraethil

I like it. I think the composition has great bones! Maybe if you just push the contrast a bit more? (or next time)

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
                                        Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

lisaastrup

very nice flowers and an interesting background.

Lisa Astrup

http://www.bricksite.com/astrupart
                                            c & c welcome anytime

Teddy

yippee another good one

✧  ☆  ✶  ✧        
                                                ✶ 
                                                ✮ 
                                                ✧  
                                                ✶ 
                                                       ✮  ✧ ✮ ✶
                                                           teds

JayJay365UK

I think it’s lovely, I like both the fore- and the background. :)

Sonia

Thanks Rick (comment on contrast noted for future reference), Lisa, GarageDoor and JayJay. The experimenting continues!

tidal

Ahh you want the flowers to be the star of the show which they are i see your background is not overpowering (where top bud is due to less definement on background shapes bringing the bud forward just enough) I do see your arangement/placement/compostion whatever you want call it is realy excellent..the eye is taken on a journey from bottom flower up to the top where it stays on the bud.Personaly what apeals to me here is the delicate nature feels to be coming over due to subject matter and also layering and transparency , the top bud has the ballance just right for me very soft edge outline of the top bud and is ballanced with background less defined shapes…but that is just personal taste it is up to you how you do but it is lovely very engaeging

Sculpture is what you bump into when you back up to see a painting..Barnett Newman

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.