Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to as What’s on Your Easel… February 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE February 2017…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!! :wave:

for a more complete critique post in the main forum.

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

Sam :)

I figured I would join in on the fun! These are technically Water Miscible Oils but I do not use water as a thinner. …and technically I do not use an easel even though I own one. I prefer to work on the floor as you can probably see from the picture :)

NancyMP

I love the mother and child one, Sam! You have a nice touch with color and depth here.

Nancy http://nancyparkfineart.com
                All human beings are dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together. - Jack Kerouac

mtpalms

I did so little today, one might wonder… It was the 3 bottles in the lower left.

I have to pick up my car at the mechanics, so I am stopping early. It will be evening by the time I get back.

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                    "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                    But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

Sam :)

Wow, what size is that? I recognise some of the bills. Its like a bunch go miniature portraits and you get the likeness down on some of them quite well.

Here is an updated picture:

mtpalms

It is 36″x48″ (approx 91.5x122cm) The first few were really hard to get likenesses of, not that I tried very hard to get them all recognizable, I did on the more universally identifiable ones like the Pound Note. I knew it was going to be tedious, which is probably why the sketched out canvas sat for 9 months before I got around to painting it. The notes are kind of just gestured in for the most part, good practice deciding how much detail to leave out! It would have taken ages to do that, and I think would not have enhanced that overall look if the painting at all.

Nice work on the mother and child! Babies are hard to paint.

mtpalms

The canteens are blocked in. Spouts all in too. I glazed over the tilted sign on the bottom. The writing was too distinct, tried to make it look like slightly dusty glass.

MatildaArt!

I started a beach scene today. It’s oil and 16×20.” I love the colors but I’m pretty scared I’m going to ruin it😱 I’ll forge ahead, hope I don’t and see what I learn. I plan on adding some clouds and distant land/island and a dune or two onshore. Maybe a couple people if I get really adventurous!

Advise is sorely needed and wanted!!
                                    Thank you!😊

C&C Always Helpful!
                                    Onward and Upward!

MatildaArt!

I always like to see a smaller image so here is one.

C&C Always Helpful!
                                        Onward and Upward!

Eisenhorn86

Self portrait!

NancyMP

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/06-Feb-2017/1970116-self_portrait.jpg[/IMG]

Self portrait!

Eisenhorn, this is stunning, but it’s hard to believe it’s a self portrait, unless you can paint without eyes!:lol:

Nancy http://nancyparkfineart.com
                                                All human beings are dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together. - Jack Kerouac

Delofasht

[B]Eisenhorn[/B], this is stunning, but it’s hard to believe it’s a self portrait, unless you can paint without eyes!:lol:

Or have Xray vision. . . wait, is it from an MRI?

- Delo Delofasht
                                                    Eisenhorn86

[B]Eisenhorn[/B], this is stunning, but it’s hard to believe it’s a self portrait, unless you can paint without eyes!:lol:

Thank you Nancy for pumping up my ego :cool:

I’ll tell you a secret, just my painting ages.. I think I stole this from somewhere :evil:

Or have Xray vision. . . wait, is it from an MRI?

I would love to have that with my normal eyesight ahahah

I am using a skull picture as reference, changing the features to look a bit more like me

I will post the final result in a better quality and without glare :)

By the way, all wonderful works in this thread, art is a true source of life!

mtpalms

Eisenhort, I am looking forward to your finished piece.

By no means finished, I have crossed the point where it is all downhill from here.

AnnieA

It’s stunning, Marcia! It just keeps getting better and better. The detail is incredible and I love the soft bar-lighting glow.

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
                                                                [FONT=Palatino]
                                                                “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.