Home Forums Explore Subjects Florals and Botanical Greenies’ Chatter box

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Wishing you all the best for the year 2019

and Here is from last year’s thread

You are welcome to chat and post your news here everyone.

Just posted The new challenge of JAN’s PPP for you :wave:

Happy New Year to all …….. I hope your gardens grow beautifully!:)

I would like my Mojo back – so if anyone sees her, please tell her to return!;)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

LynneDe

Happy New year, Everyone!

It is my hope and prayer that everyone has a better year than was had last year, even if last year was the best year ever…

So many changes have happened in my life…full-time caregiver to my husband, a needy dog with separation anxiety so bad I cannot even shut the bathroom door if I don’t want my ears assaulted from the barking (he was my dad’s dog and I guess he’s feeling Dad’s loss too) A son that has reentered my life in an amazing and wonderful way, fabricating a snow blower to the front of my 18 year-old lawn and garden tractor, so I don’t have to shovel. (and he’s doing it on his own, I did NOT ask!) And little time for my own interests, including flower creating. No ability to volunteer cook or bake at community meals or camp retreats…but much time to think and dream…

So some good things, some hard things, but all blessings in their own ways…

So, with all the changes here in our lives, I’m sure you have changes in yours as well. Some good, some hard, but life is how we cope with them, right?

Here’s to good outcomes and more pleasant memories than hurtful ones.

With gratitude and thanksgiving, LynneDe

As I will never take this exact path again may I not leave a kind word unspoken or a kind deed undone. May my life count for good, may the world be better for my having been in it when the final reckoning is accomplished. Blessings, LynneDe

Just popped in to say HELLO to all. Have my final cataract op on the 29th Jan, so hoping I can find the muse to get back to painting again before my new paints go off. Thought Id give you all a laugh, because Damnnnnn this is true….:lol:

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. (Thomas Merton)
        CC Most Welcome

LynneDe

Awww Meggs, just what I needed this am. Thank you!

Prayers for your surgery and healing…

I found out how to send photos from my phone to a collection place on-line without needing to use the computer!!!! YAYYYY!!!

Now I might be able to get photos on here once more, so can join in with the monthly challenge (if I get time, still caring for my invalid husband, we have snow storms that I have to shovel…and a highly reactive dog with severe separation anxiety – but he is starting to respond to CBD oil and Benadryl to calm down) So, if I have opportunity, I will be here!!!

Blessings, LynneDe

Such great blessings and gratitude right now..

As I will never take this exact path again may I not leave a kind word unspoken or a kind deed undone. May my life count for good, may the world be better for my having been in it when the final reckoning is accomplished. Blessings, LynneDe

LynneDe

This is the arrangement I made for my dad’s 80th birthday. This what disappeared from his room at the Veteran’s Home where he was living. Blessings! LynneDe

Lynne, that’s such beautiful work – no wonder someone thought it might look better in their own home!…. a very desirable piece to have! You really are a clever lady!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

BTW – if you posted the original photos in a Plant Parade, we have a thread of all past ones here … Dewi has kept it up to date, bless her!

Cheers, Maureen

LynneDe

Thanks, Maureen. I don’t think it was in Plant Parade, I think it was somewhere else, or maybe I didn’t get it on, I don’t know…but it’s here now. :) Blessings and gratitude, and yes, I do believe God blessed my hands to be able to do this kind of ‘sculpting’. Thanks! LynneDe

LynneDe

I found the post – finally! it was in the Clay forum, and sorry, it was Dad’s 85th birthday, not his 80th that I made it for. Still, it hasn’t been found, so working on another. And making up some of the components for it…like some ivy. :) Blessings and gratitude, I am learning more and more each day…and that’s awesome! LynneDe

LynneDe

After too long of a hiatus, I am finally back in the mood to create!

I tried out a new way of coloring my clay (the base color not the details or highlights) using dry fabric dye. It worked!

I purchased one jar to try out the red, I love it. So much easier than using acrylic paint, my clay getting so mushy, getting it mixed in and dried out then it not being able to be replicated if I ran out of a color mid-flower…of course I will have to formulate recipes for colors with the dye, so I can replicate them, but it is so much easier to do with a measuring spoon than squirting and squirting and squirting my acrylic paints into the clay to get the color I want.

I still need to use oils for details, and have not worked with oils for close to 40 years, and then only briefly. I cannot work with strong odors, it would likely end my working at all, so looking at water-based oils but I am finding that the colors may fade…any suggestions? I really need good ones that are very low chemical odor.

Blessings! LynneDe

Hello to one and all!! :clap: :clap:

I have been missing for a long while because my mojo just up and moved away, I think. But, I wanted to tell you that I think of you often and have missed our fun times. You are some of my favorite ladies and I have enjoyed spending time with you all! Don’t know if I will be back, but I do look at things from time to time. People tell me that I must love flowers because I have a lot of them painted, but they don’t know that ‘we’ spent time with our Floral Challenges for years! :lol: So glad that you are still painting the challenges. I would love for that to be my inspiration again and start painting. Maureen, I don’t even know how to do the paintings on the computer. :confused: I do paint well in workshops. I need the motivation of someone pushing me, I guess.

Blue, behave yourself!! :crossfingers:

Love and God bless, Katherine :music: :music:

Reference Image Library
                            Posting Guidelines & Other Info HERE
                            WATERCOLOR HANDBOOK

LynneDe

Today is the 1st anniversary of my husband, Bob, falling and getting a concussion. Today, we are praising the Lord.

He had gone for a walk using his Rollator – walker with wheels and a seat. He pushed it out ahead of him rather than staying ‘within the circle’. He had forgotten how to use the brakes…he was almost running, but not able to keep up.

I glanced out the bathroom window to see him coming down the driveway too fast…he was behind the rollator arm’s length…if he should trip…”Lord, save him”, I breathed as I moved as quickly as I could to the front door.

I found him lying in a pool of blood unconscious with his eye that I could see – open. He had hit the ramp into house and had gone flying to the side and hit the tar and corner of the carport. I honestly thought he had died.

His glasses were shoved up into his forehead, breaking them. Another ambulance ride. Another time of tests, CT scan, MRI, X-rays….his speech was mostly OK, mobility sorely affected. He’s had concussions before playing football and baseball. He has had a brain tumor in youth, a stroke at 44. This concussion took a major toll.

He had several months of physical therapy to help him to stand, walk, before they released him – again. He still cannot pull himself to the table…we use his wheelchair for his dining.

Bob is more unsteady on his feet now, often needing help out of a chair or bed. He tires more easily, sleeps more during the day. He moves slowly, and it takes him a long time to do anything, especially dressing, but since I had to dress him pull him out of a chair or bed in the beginning, this is great progress.

We keep the wheelchair handy, it doesn’t take him long before he’s too tired to walk. Some days he cannot stand up on his own…some days he gets up to eat and then it’s back to bed…some days I must be very quiet so he can rest…but he is alive and I am grateful. I was almost a widow one year ago today!

Love you, Bob. Thanking God for this past year of life, looking forward to the next one, hopefully more healing to come!

Some people have an awful lot to contend with LynneDe, it’s surely a blessing that your husband has you to give him all the help and love he needs.

Cheers, Maureen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                              • The topic ‘Greenies’ Chatter box’ is closed to new replies.