Home Forums The Town Center Café Guerbois The New Quiznos Subs Commerical

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    coolartsybabe

Has anyone with a Quiznos Subs in their area seen their new TV ad? The one with the bizarre mice, one wearing a pirate hat?

I love that ad because it is so bizarre. The most bizarre thing I’ve seen on TV since I saw the $1.98 Beauty Contest for the first time while tripping on acid.

It blows my mind that this ad was approved by Quiznos for their TV ad. How gutsy! I must go there now to support bizarre tv ads! Yes! Let’s all go!

"If you cannot get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."

None of my work is to be copied or used without my knowledge and prior consent.

coolartsybabe

If you don’t have the Quiznos Subs TV ad playing in your area, check out their site:

http://www.quiznos.com/

You can see the mice there.

"If you cannot get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."

dd50

Hi Cool,

It IS bizzare!!! But actually … it sort of makes me sick to my stomach when I watch it … not sure why .. guess it’s the ugly looking mice … associated with a sandwich. Ick!

Dee

The Quiznos animations were done by an English guy who has a popular website filled with bizarre little animations like that:

http://www.rathergood.com/

warning: lots of stuff on this site is *ahem* politically incorrect

But, this is one of the most popular videos on this site, the White Stripe Kitties:

http://www.rathergood.com/punk_kittens/

Jeff G.

Dedicated to wasting bandwidth since 1999. http://www.jeffgola.com
                Anonymous

I hate that commercial. It looks like a dead rat to me and it grosses me out. Everytime I see it, it makes me think that’s what they have laying around in the back room. YUCK!!!

t looks like a dead rat to me and it grosses me out. Everytime I see it, it makes me think that’s what they have laying around in the back room.

lol
                    ive had that same thought .. but its so bad you gotta watch the stupid thing …lol it kills me when they are singing you barley undestand the strange lookin rodent…lol :D

EVERYTHING IS SPEAKING inspite of its apparent silenceHazrat Inayat Khan 1887-1927

:D oh great i knew i was in trouble answeringthis thread..lol its now 8:36 am here i have that silly song they sing in my head… lol thanks soooooo much …lol :D :D :D

EVERYTHING IS SPEAKING inspite of its apparent silenceHazrat Inayat Khan 1887-1927

coolartsybabe

When I first saw that commerical, what came to mind was the cover to Chumbawamba’s “Tubthumper” CD.

I’m bizarre, my apartment is bizarre, my life is bizarre, so of course I’m going to love bizarre ads. I sent an e-mail to Quiznos’ advertising department praising the ad.

Ahhhhh, I’m bizarre and surrounded by engineers, prison guards, business managers, university personnel, etc. Me thinks I amuse them.

Nox

The first time I saw it I was floored .. it is rather disturbing for a company that sells FOOD to advertise with RODENTS!!

My finance declared upon seeing it .. we will NEVER eat there!

I do have to agree that it took a lot of guts but I for one cannot wait until they put a different one on ;)

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.

coolartsybabe

Now, with me…I never ate at Quiznos until I saw that ad.

Little mice with hats on, playing instraments, having human mouths with teeth and buggy eyes amuses the heck out of me. The weirder the better.

Back in Pittsburgh I saw a rat in my kitchen!!! Now that was bad. It had eaten a big hole in a sack of cornmeal then ate quite a bit of it. Sigh. I did the only thing I could do. I bought several boxes of Decon for RATS, put them around the basement and at the top of the stairs then went to Florida for a week. When I came back the Decon and the RAT(S) were gone.

If the rat had been wearing a hat and singing I would have let it live.

Michael

Pittsburgh?…what part…I used to live in Rankin…and I love the commercials…reminds me of weebles for some reason:D

Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
                                    There's a guy starting to realize
                                    That eternal fate has turned its back on him,
                                    It's two a.m....
                                    leicaphotog.com[/url] Cameras:
                                    Leica SL2
                                    Leica IIIf
                                    Leica X TYP 113
                                    Leica M-P TYP 240
                                    Leica CL
                                    Panasonic LUMIX GX85
                                    Lenses:
                                    Leica - Voigtlander - Konica Hexanon - Lumix - Helios - Zeiss
                                    kiwicockatoo

I must say I love that commercial – the first time we saw it we watched it with our jaws dropping! Possibly the most bizarre thing I’ve seen in a long time. Exactly the kind of bizarreness I like. You can never have enough of the “right” kind of wierdness in your life. I think I too will drop the company a line telling them thanks for adding a bit of trippy to my life – just what I needed!

pinkbubelz

Is that what they are supposed to be? :confused:

I, too, thought they looked like rodents at first, but then I thought they were actually supposed to be chicken breast fillets….

Either way, that ad kind of freaks me out…
                                            If I hadn’t had Quizno’s subs before and if I didn’t know how good they were, I would never consider going there after seeing that ad…

Freaky…. :eek:

I’m not sure if they realize that the chicken breasts or whatever they are… would appear to look like mice/rats to some people…I think someone had a little too much acid at the drawing board that day…

–Iris

I'm not messy, I'm creative! :-)
                                            Never Give Up!!! Never Surrender!!! (quote from Galaxy Quest)

NBrockman

I couldn’t get what they are saying or what they were suppose to be. :D
                                                I didn’t pay much attention….. ;)
                                                it did catch my interest though. :rolleyes:

Nick Brockman

JayD

Are you sure they are mice? I thought they were potatoes–
                                                    Basically, Nick they are saying that you can bring them a coupon from ANYWHERE–and they will give you a dollar off on the sub. I hate this commerical–it rates right up there for me with the car honking Auld Lan Syne.

catmandolin.deviantart.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
                                                  • The topic ‘The New Quiznos Subs Commerical’ is closed to new replies.