Home Forums Explore Subjects Abstract and Contemporary Art Another set of two abstracts

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    cmallav

Another set of two abstracts. 24 X 20 each. Acrylics on canvas.

Looking forward for the C & C’s

Thanks!

Katie Black

The splotches of colour create a wonderful soft pattern for both of these.

If I had to crit anything it would be that the second one echos the first one perhaps too much.

Katie Black Fine Art

"Life is far too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde

Boafamily

Chaya, these will make a beautiful pair of painting on any wall. Very nice work and the bright colors really speak volumes in the overall quiet mood of the pieces.

cmallav

Katie, Thank you and agree with you completely that the second one mimics the first a lot. I will try to keep that in mind when I make the next set of twos :) I guess these are somewhat like identical twins :lol: ?

Anthony, Thank you so much!

They are well done. I think the texture suggests a lot of energy but the color choices restrain that energy. Interesting.

A painting is never really done as long as I can get my hands on it.

Artchrispy

Great warm color. It reminds me of a technique I learned about years ago called tonking, where a piece of paper or a cloth is pressed against wet paint and then removed and reapplied to cause the soft blends. Sponges work too.

Christophervasil.com

Eraethil

These pieces give me a comforted and contented feeling. :)

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
                            Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

Bilateral

Since they are a set, similarities seem to be the right idea. I love the soft colors and can actually feel the texture just through the way the light plays across the surface. Nice job Chaya.
                                The first has a little bit better balance, while the second seems a little top heavy. Maybe you can add some visual balance to the second that would also serve to differentiate them more? That’s the only suggestion I can think of because these are lovely as is.

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]“Do not fear mistakes - there are none.” Miles David

graphicali

Lovely, shimmery colours!

"I am not yet born; provide me, with water to dandle me, grass to grow for me, trees to talk to me, sky to sing to me, birds and a white light in the back of my mind to guide me." From Prayer Before Birth by Louis Macneice.
                                    jimwhalen

What everyone else has said.

The essential thing, for me, is to offer a visual expression of those things in our experience that words cannot express www.jim-whalen.artistwebsites.com

Both are calming influences and agree with others remarks.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

cmallav

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, thoughts and suggestions! Much appreciate it!

Christopher, I used “scraping” technique here for this work. I’m attaching a closeup. I’ll have to lookup “tonking” :)

Greggo

Somewhere I saw two paintings attached together, back to back, and hung from the ceiling. The breezes kept them gently moving.
                                                The effect was quite interesting, giving the viewer a constant variety.

I see these done that way, rather than the usual side by side.

Like children, each one is different, but special

good Art!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

cmallav

birdhs – Thank you! What you described sounds so very cool, and I would like to see these two like that!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.