Home Forums Explore Subjects Art Journals fragment of dried climbing hydrangea

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    vhere

this fragment of my climbing hydrangea got walked into the house and I rather liked it :)

Not the greatest sketch but may feed into some more abstracted versions in mixed media at some time

close up

done with pencil and this lovely Rosemary’s brush – it holds so much paint and has a great point

eyepaint

Fragments indeed – I love how you render fragments. That looks to be a delicious brush! Why is it called Rosemary? (Edited: I see that is a brand, Rosemary and Co. What do you call that shape of brush? Is it a triangular / pyramid brush?)

-- EP Moderator for:
            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

vhere

:) yes the brand – hand made brushes and they are fabulous

It’s called – unprosaically- an extended point

eyepaint

Thank you for the link to that brush – what size do you use? It certainly sounds fabulous! I’ll keep an eye out for something similar in stores in Canada.

-- EP Moderator for:

vhere

mine is a 10 and quite a generous size but goes to a really good point – and obviously you can make sweeping marks with the side that are broader as well.

12 and above are all made by Rosemary or her daughter Symi I learned at the talk

They do ship overseas

eyepaint

Thanks for the size. In my quick research it appears that a brush with such a shape does not readily exist here. I may need to place an international order :)

-- EP Moderator for:

Munin Raven

I’m playing catchup, so I thought I would respond to this one in an effort to not be repeating myself too much. Your figure work is not included. :)

All I can say is you seem to keep producing these wonderful observations/inflections regarding nature, but with a specific eye towards that brambly, scratchy, overgrown… I don’t know. I get the feeling we enjoy very similar moods, shapes, smells (?) in nature, but we approach from different angles. Hard to put in words. Whatever your inflections, please keep sharing. Grand nourishment for me. :)

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. " Elwood P. Dowd

Sketch-Blog
                                vhere

thank you :)

feeling exhausted after a fantastic life drawing day (rubbish drawings!!) SO challenging. 2 models, lots of moving poses and the longest were 20 minutes but really dynamic as they are a yoga expert and a dancer. Need to look at them with a fresh eye tomorrow …..

Munin Raven

Bah… put the kettle on. You’ll be fine. Just a flesh wound, as they say. :lol: :wave:

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. " Elwood P. Dowd

Sketch-Blog
                                        vhere

:) the drawings looked better in the light of day – and finishing the backgrounds – lots of pages of fragments of lines overlaying each other while they moved for the first hour – great practice but no finished work. I could have done with a slightly shorter time of the moving and more of the 20 minute poses

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.