Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The I think it’s time for me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    thevaliantx

….to get into figure drawing. I’ve got the books and the wicked dreams.

so lets see the results :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
        More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
        Instagram
        https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

looking at some your posts over the last few years… yep, time to branch out :evil:

Mac

thevaliantx

Pen sketch of my hand.

llawrence

Pen sketch of my hand.

… a time-honored tradition. Free model and all. Do lots of those!

A very nice start, pen is a difficult medium :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                Instagram

thevaliantx

What I love about pen is it is the more real me. With pencil when do I start and stop creating?

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Here is a sketch of my leg and foot. I had problems for a number of reasons, one of them being that I started looking at my foot with both eyes, and halfway thru the sketch I closed one eye.

joe1It

I agree with the difficulty of the medium and the goodness of the results, I really like the cross hatching pen effect. I also find the glimpse or otherwise to hold the position so difficult, I tried it recently and with a pencil that is much more forgiving …
                        good
                        thanks for sharing

- C & C welcome ( comments and criticisms highly appreciated)

— NOT allowed for Al training

thevaliantx

Thank you for the kind words, you all! I’m trying to keep the sketchbook in plain site, so that I’ll draw some more. Right now I’m going through a period of dysphoria, and general turmoil at my job, so I’m staying away from sketching my face.

thevaliantx

My ‘non-drawing hand’ doing the sketching this time. It’s an apple I was holding.

excellent work with your non drawing hand. I’ve tried it once and it not an easy challenge :)

Instagram

thevaliantx

Thank you, David. At one point I thought about learning to write in cursive with my other hand. I lasted the first couple of verses of Genesis (the Bible).

Here is a sketch of the anterior view I sitting position. One problem that I have is that either of my eyes is probe to drifting away from the other. Is that called double vision? It makes it difficult to focus when drawing because the perspective changes on me.

Right now it feels like I’m in a prolific mode.

thevaliantx

New Masters Academy, YouTube video paused. Pen Sketch

It took me a while to work out what I was seeing in the first one kristy. The double vision is difficult to avoid at very close distances especially if you are rapidly changing back and forth as you would be in this case. Also perspective is highly exaggerated.

Instagram

I’d highly recommend croquis cafe images and videos for figure work. It’s the closest you’ll get to figure group drawing. Search Google for croquis cafe or on air video 😊

Instagram

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.